You can start putting back all your dainty floral sun dresses in your closet and get ready to unleash the grunge-ness in you. Bring out your plaids because they are in-thing this season! You may want to check if you still have your 90’s clothes again (remember how plaid flannel long sleeves & mini skirts became so popular back then?!) Plaids in all styles and colors are hot right now. Take inspiration from your fave
- Plaid button-downs + Skinny Jeans
- Tuck in your top and slip on any of your high-heeled shoe or don your Chucks or flip-flops for a laid-back look. Check out how Lauren Conrad, Jennifer Aniston, Ashley Olsen, and Kate Bosworth did theirs.
- Plaid button-downs + Shorts
- For petite girls like me, you can wear your plaid button-downs with shorts. For a daytime look, wear ballet flats or platform wedges with it, while going to the mall. See Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams strut this look.
- Plaid button-downs + Pegged Jeans
- If you are as brave as Katie Holmes who was spotted recently wearing pegged Prps men’s jeans all over
with ballet flats, maybe you can pull this look. *smiles* New York
- Plaid dresses
You can try mixing your plaid dress with some opaques & wear your pumps, if you want to go out at night. Take the cue from Keira Knightley.
- Plaid Jackets
- Since the temperature will go down these coming season, you may want to wear plaid jackets like Sienna Miller
- Beatrilicious Version
- I just want to share with you that good thing I have stock of plaid stuff in my closet FROM WAY BEFORE like mini skirts and tops. I don’t have to spend so much money (because I don’t have money anymore) and instantly be fab. Haha! J You might have some stuff too in your own closet. Just take some time to dig in! (Pardon the pics, I took it from my bed and you’ll see the Tigger and Winnie the Pooh bedsheet)
From L-R: Brown Plaid Skirt from Ann Taylor Loft (year 2005) Pink Plaid Skirt from Esprit (year 2000) Brown Plaid Skirt from Ann Taylor Loft (year 2005)
Here’s one shopping secret I’d like to share with you… I bought this plaid top in
St. Francis Square for only P200 (approx $4.35) ! Isn’t it pretty?! Grab one too!
That's me, wearing the shopping steal!!! Wore it with a tank top inside at it is semi see-through. Hehe! (worn August 2008)
If you have some money to splurge, Zara and Topshop’s collection right now are full of Plaids from button downs, to dresses, to skirts. Happy Shopping!