And you thought the addiction on makeup brushes stop! It never will I tell you! If guys have addiction for cars, I would say mine are the brushes. Makeup brushes are considered one of the most important tool especially on my career as a makeup artist. I don't mind owning a lot as I do believe it will last because I take care of them!
As everyone knows, Sigma Brushes has been coming up with several brush collections and each set is created more unique and interesting as collection goes by. Sigma recently sent me another set, a Pink Travel Set for review. They probably sniffed the makeup brush addiction from the opposite side of the world! Here's my review on the said brush set after a couple of weeks' usage!
Sigma Travel Kit Nice in Pink says ---
The Sigma Makeup travel kit Nice in Pink contains 7 essential brushes to achieve a flawless look on the go. Take Nice in Pink to your favorite travel destination or keep it in your purse for a quick touch-up during the day or a night out. All brushes are individually stored in a stylish metallic pink clutch equipped with a convenient pouch to carry all your must-have makeup items.Clutch Dimensions (closed): 7 x 4 inches.
Face Brushes: 5 inches total
Eyes/Concealer Brush: 4 inches total
Large Powder Brush
Very dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder products on face and body. Natural bristles.
- no shedding upon first wash or even after several washes
- stiffness is just right for powder foundation application (light to medium coverage)
- for that nice rosey cheeks, this is a perfect brush too
- once washed a couple of times, brush gets a bit fluffier which is actually nicer
- bleeds a super tiny bit on first wash, probably the dirt from manufacturer
Duo Fiber Brush
Specially designed to generate an 'airbrushed' finish when used to apply liquid foundation. It can also be used to apply blush, highlight shades and loose pigments. Blend of synthetic and natural bristles
- no shedding nor bleeding when washed
- stiffness is just right to apply using 'stipple' motion
- saves up liquid foundation
- perfect for cream blush application
- no scratchy feel
- takes quite some time to finish up the whole face if used for liquid foundation application and on a 'stippling' motion
Large Angled Contour Brush
The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades. Natural bristles.
- very soft for a natural bristled contour brush
- no shedding upon first wash and during usage
- does not feel scratchy on skin
- has a bit of fly-aways after several washes
- I find this brush works better as blush brush as compared to contour brush. The longest portion of the hair is not stiff enough.
Tapered Blending Brush
Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease. Natural bristles.
- no bleeding upon first wash
- wonderful brush to blend eyeshadow for people with large lid spaces
- perfect to apply powder foundation under the eye area
- used to highlight smaller areas like nose bridge, forehead and above the lip
- fly-aways drives my tiny lids crazy! This is perfect for people with bigger eyelids for blending.
- sheds a total of 2-4 hairs after my first few usages
Eye Shading Brush
Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense color on the eyelid. Natural bristles.
- no bleeding nor shedding
- super soft on lids, no scratchy feel
- since its not too dense, I find this brush perfect to apply contouring powder on the nose area
- nice brush to use as highlighter on the brow bone area
- does not grab a lot of pigments as expected
- bristles too soft so no control on packing eyeshadow pigments.
The rounded, tapered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas. Synthetic bristles.
- no bleeding, shedding and scratchy feel
- brush looks exactly the same even after several washes
- perfect brush to highlight the nose bridge, corners of the mouth and brow bone area using cream products.
- best brush to use for spot concealing
- I find this concealer brush is a bit tiny for under eye concealing, tends to go back to one area over and over again which makes you drag your under eye circles even more
Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lashline. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. Natural bristles
- the pointed tip makes it easier to smudge out pencil liner minus the messy look, has nice control
- no shedding
- no fly-aways
- can grab pigments pretty well!
- has a scratchy feel, it actually hurts my lids during precise application
- Sigma brushes mostly are non-scratchy, but if you ask me, this is the scratchiest brush in this set
On some orders, Sigma Makeup would throw in "A Gift For You!" which I like because there's an element of surprise there! Together with this set, the special gift I got is a Foundation Brush. Made of synthetic bristlesAgain even the individual brush is covered and protected quite well.
- no shedding, bleeding and scratchy feel
- once dried, looks exactly as brand new
- perfect for liquid foundation, cream foundation, cream blush and concealer application
- has a nice "stiffness" that gives a nice control during application
- What I love about Sigma is the way they package the brushes. This is my second time to have a brush set sent to me and I find that they take care of the way they present their product consistently. Look at the nice pink mesh pouch they've used!
- Casing is really nice, perfect for pink lovers and non-pink lovers as it's not the "overly girly" pink shade
- Brush handle is not too shiny nor matte, just right and it does not get scratched easily. Sticky substance gets to be attracted to this though, I have to clean the brush handle well as there's this "sticker residue" in which I originally thought was dirt.
- Handle length is just right for both personal application and even a perfect length to use for other people
- Has a zipper for you to put those cotton buds or cotton pads.
- It has a nice flap which protects the bristles once you fold the leather pouch.
- Each brush are protected during transit with a plastic on the handles and a plastic protector on bigger sized brushes
- Each handle has "Sigma Makeup" printed together with the name and number of the brushes. They also engraved "Made in PRC" on the wooden handle, at least people know right off the bat where these are made of!
- Size is perfect for travel, not bulky at all. I find myself willing to carry this along on "emergency" makeover for friends! I guess the pouch really has a lot to say!
- Here's a size comparison with a PSP player for your reference
*whew* This is quite long right? I have nothing more to say but positive things about the brushes I got. I would say the only downside of this is probably the fact that people outside of the USA have to wait for shipping. Sigma Makeup ships worldwide and it took me approximately 3 weeks to receive this package and this is actually considered quite fast!
The Sigma Travel Kit "Nice in Pink" costs USD49.00 (approx Php2,200) plus shipping depending on where you'll have it sent. You can click Sigma Makeup Website to check out their other brush collections. You can even start building your own kit!!!
(Disclaimer: Products sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)