A year ago, when I was discussing BB creams with my friends, I remembered mentioning to them that a CC cream is coming up and the first brand (that I know) who made it was from Chanel! I even joked about the possible apperaance of Double D creams (referring to bra's cup size). Now that CC creams are out and available in the market, I guess it's not a joking matter anymore! CC creams are also called Complexion-Correcting Creams! What's the difference between a BB and CC cream? I guess CC creams have "correcting" properties like that of correcting concealers.
As I was browsing through my favorite Glamour Magazine, I chanced upon a Clinique ad for their CC cream and I "instagrammed" it immediately as judging by the name, this CC cream is meant for me! You know how much I love the Moisture Surge line so an additional Moisture Surge product is a huge Christmas Gift for my dehydrated skin!
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream
in Fresh PeachClinique says ---
Next-generation perfecting formula corrects complexion issues, hydrates and provides UVA/UVB protection for a more flawless look today and tomorrow. Complexion-correcting optics instantly balance yellow or dull tone to enhance skin's natural radiance. Lighweight, oil-free. Wears comfortably alone or under foundation.
Shades available locally: Skin tone shades (Natural Fair, Natural, and Natural Beige) Illuminating shades (Fresh Pink and Fresh Peach).
AMW says ---
- Comes with SPF30.
- Lightweight and oil-free.
- Comes in shades that would cater light to dark skin tone.
- Comes with 2 choices, skin tone shades and illuminating shades.
- Gives sheer to moderate coverage. Corrects a bit of my skin redness.
- Skin looks illuminated immediately after application.
- Can correct dull-looking skin.
- No allergic reactions.
- Will cause a bit of white cast in flash photography due to its SPF content.
- Product will last for normal and dry skin but for oily skin, may slide off within 3-4 hours.
- Though the product says Moisture Surge, it isn't too moisturizing as I expected. Which is fine as this product can cater to more skin types.
- Scent: Smells just like City Block (the sunblock).
Clinique CC Cream is a 3-in-1 product, it's a sunscreen, a moisturizer and a very sheer foundation. The shade Fresh Peach has a nice illuminating effect and it does its job hiding a bit of my skin redness in a very natural finish.
- Illuminating shades are best used by individuals who doesn't have much skin flaws.
- For more correcting properties, purchase the skin tone shades but be sure to try them on counter prior to buying!
- CC creams are applied AFTER skincare before foundation.
- CC creams can be used on its own for a very natural, radiant finish.
- If you prefer more coverage and don't mind the limited shade availability of BB creams, go for BB creams, but if you find most BB creams are too heavy and thick for you, go for Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types. People with flawless skin or with mild imperfections would enjoy this more!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Clinique Counter for Php1,850.00 (approx $46.25).
Sealed upon purchase
Fresh Peach looks and feels like a tinted moisturizer with loads of "highlighting" properties. It looks white against my skin but given ample time for the product to settle down, it looks very natural.
I prefer applying Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream using my clean fingers. A little goes a long way but if you like a bit more coverage, apply a bit more and blend blend blend!
Before and After (Photo edited only for the size)
Left: Bare Faced
Right: With Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Fresh Peach
Skin looks more illuminated, even but not flat, the darkness was lessened thus giving me a very healthy-looking skin.
Have you tried any other brands of CC creams?
Do you prefer BB creams or CC creams?
As for me, I am still in love with my favorite BB creams but on good skin days, I prefer to pick my Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream to give me the effect of an 8-hour sleep!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for PR purpose. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion)