How's Mother's Day celebration? Mine went well, I can't believe how much we can food trip in a day! I'm glad to have spent quality time with both families and I feel good how much we value Mother's Day celebration!
When I was younger, I used to complain how unfair the world not to celebrate "Children's Day"! (There actually is Children's Day by the way), but you know what? Looking back, everyday has been children's day in our parents' eyes so they deserve the break!
Back to regular programming! A review of a face sunblock I've been using for more than a month! The weather calls for it!
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF50 PA+++ says ---
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF50 PA+++ is a superior ultra-lightweight protection lotion against UV and environmental aggressors for healthy, beautifully radiant skin. With breakthrough Helioplex™ that works like an invisible shield for skin by effectively blocking out harmful UVA/UVB rays and helping neutralize free radical damage. Skin is provided with superior protection against darkening and signs of premature aging.
Dermatologist tested, PABA-free, oil-free, does not clog pores.Volume: 30ml
Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Salicylate 5%, Octocrylene 4%, Benzophenone-3 5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane 3%, Homosalate 10%.
Water, Homosalate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Alcohol Denat, Cetyl Dimethicone, Octocrylene, Silica, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Steareth-100, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Steareth-2, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Neopentyl Glycol Bisabolol, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Mannan, Xanthan Gum, BHT, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate.
AMW says ---Pros
- Packaging is compact and I like the how you can control how much product that will come out.
- Mild fragrance.
- No allergies experienced.
- Does not leave sticky or heavy feel! I don't feel like I have sunblock on!
- Finishes up "matte".
- Gets absorbed into the skin quite fast!
- Acts as a good make-up base but keep in mind this is NOT a primer!
- Does not aggravate dryness on dry skinned individuals! Keep in mind to moisturize well prior to sunblock application!
- Leave a couple of minutes after each application before you get to the next step!
- For oily skin: Does not give a shiny look, feels ultra light! (Mr. AMW who has oily skin tried this for us)
- Checking the ingredients, it contains alcohol which may cause skin irritations to some.
Gives a good "feel" and "texture" for a facial sunblock!
- Always shake before usage.
- Use at the END of your skin care routine.
- Apply liberally on face and neck! Do not forget your neck and back of the ears.
- Try not to get into the eye area as it will sting! Wash off immediately with water.
- Apply at least 15-20 minutes before you leave the house.
- Re-apply after excessive sweating or after getting out of the pool/beach.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Oily, combination or dry skinned individuals who likes to apply face sunblock with an ultra light feel!
Where to purchase and how much?
Php460.00 (approx $10.70) available at leading department stores, beauty and personal care stores and supermarket nationwide!
Waterlight texture and feel but it's not too runny!
Texture is just right!
Can easily spread all over the skin surface
Gets absorbed into the skin as quickly as one minute!
I counted! :P
The name of the product lives up to my expectation! The product indeed is as light as water! So far, I've tried using this when I was out under the harsh sun for an hour plus, without re-application, and my skin stays the same shade! The only downside I can find is the possible "allergies" some of the ingredients may cause to some individuals who have sensitive skin!
Have you tried this product?
Will definitely share more reviews on other facial sunblocks I've tried!
Enjoy your summer!