Happy Thursday dear friends! How's the week treating you aside from the scary typhoon we encountered? I hope everyone's safe!
Today, I will be reviewing a product I haven't been reviewing much. Not that I'm perfect, but you all know how much I love to double up the use of my foundation as concealer to save time (and energy)!
When my favorite line from Revlon, the PhotoReady line, came up with a stick concealer, it's a must try!
Revlon PhotoReady Concealer says ---
- For a flawless, airbrushed appearance in any light. Oil-free and fragrance-free.
- All over face concealer helps erase imperfections and camouflage dark undereye circles
- Full yet undetectable coverage
- Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect and diffuse light
- SPF 20
AMW says ---Pros
- Well-sealed upon purchase, you know you get the product fresh from manufacturer.
- The twist packaging is very convenient to use.
- No scent, I like it!
- Creamy and easy to apply and blend.
- It has a good kind of sheen to it, which makes your under eye area brighter.
- Covers my dark under eye and redness well!
- Quick and easy to use, saves time!
- Not as dry as compared to other stick concealers
- Do not oil up in the middle of the day.
- The color selections are great for our skin tone.
- Holds pretty well for the whole day if you set it properly.
- No allergic reactions.
- Has SPF (though I seriously think its ok even if this product doesn't have the SPF)
- Some people dislike the shimmer/very tiny sparkles which can only be seen if you are under direct line and you stare at the area. (I don't mind this)
- If you have dry skin like I do and did not moisturize well, dryness may start to show and may settle a bit on the fine lines.
One of the best working stick pen concealer I've tried. Though it did dry up my tiny lines around the eyes, it's something that can be solved if I moisturize my eye area properly. I love using this stick pen concealer from Revlon on spot correcting redness around my cheeks and sides of my nose! I'll definitely take this along with me in my makeup kit.
- Apply under eyes and over any imperfections or dark spots
- Blend using fingertips in gently patting motion.
- Always try to select a concealer shade slightly lighter than skin tone particularly for the under eye area.
- If you prefer to share this concealer to other people, use a concealer brush.
- If you have very dry skin, make sure to moisturize your skin and eye area first before you apply concealer.
- Concealer is best applied after your liquid foundation.
- Apply gently with a patting motion so you won't rub off the concealer.
- Pat the area or set with your preferred setting powder/powder foundation to prevent the concealer from sliding off midday.
- Always store in cool, dry place.
- Though this product has SPF, do not skip your sunblock! Relying your sun protection with just your regular makeup is not enough.
To whom do I recommend this to?
My sister! Just joking, my sister is die hard fan of stick concealers and she came into mind when I first saw this product.
This product is perfect for normal to oily skin looking for a "ready-to-go", "easy-to-use" concealer that can be applied anytime, anywhere without any tools, well, except your fingers!
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php725.00 (approx $17.25) available at Landmark, Robinson's Department Stores, Gaisano Metro, Sta. Lucia Department Stores and other leading department stores.
The shade that's perfect for me is ---
Light Medium shade swiped once
Blended a bit with patting motion
the concealer matches my skin color perfectly!
Since I plan to use this for myself,
I directly applied the Revlon PhotoReady Concealer stick
under the eye area even on red spots around my cheeks
and sides of my nose.
The effect ---
Instant Brightness! The only concern I have is the dryness that was magnified with this concealer as my skin is extremely dry. This can be solved by moisturizing my skin first prior to concealer application. I didn't do that on purpose just to show the effect on dry skin.
I'm glad Revlon PhotoReady line came up with a stick concealer that's easy to take along during travel. With a little bit of con, I don't mind as it gives me the coverage I want.
What brand of stick concealer do you use and like?
Have you tried the Revlon PhotoReady Concealer?
(Product sent for review. All reviews are 100% mine, please purchase at your own discretion.)