Happy start of the week! How was your weekend? To those who get to read my Facebook update, you probably know how much I enjoyed my long weekend! So today, I'm pumped for the rest of the very busy week! I have my schedule all plotted out and it is crazy!!! Crazy yet fun! So I'm looking forward to it!
The weather down here gets a bit crazy, from the harsh rays of the sun to the sudden pour of rain, who says our makeup look has to suffer? We can always look healthy and blooming anytime of the day! I've found a unique product (I'm sure most Benefit addicts already own by now.) called Sun Beam, does it really look like the sun beams right through me minus the harsh UV rays?
Benefit says ---
This golden bronze highlighter gives you a natural, sun-issed radiance. Dot & blend over makeup on to cheek & brow bones for a bronzed glow that complements all skin tones. It’s liquid sunshine in a bottle!
Size: 130 ml/0.45 US fl. oz.
AMW says ---
- Comes with a nail-polish like packaging making it easy to get product and control the amount of product.
- Product includes manufacturing date which makes it easier for users like me to track how long I've had the product.
- Product can be used on its own straight from bottle to the face or mix it on your tinted moisturizer, foundation or BB creams.
- Golden tint which I think would be perfect for Asian skin like myself!
- Very subtle and easy to blend.
- Works for all skin tone!
- A little goes a long way!
- Gives a nice hint of sparkle but never the chunky type.
- This is one highlighter that you don't get to see the effect immediately, so prevent yourself from applying too much, the effect is best seen under natural lighting! The effect is very subtle yet gorgeous!
- Probably the price, but personally speaking, this will last me a long time so at the end of the day, it's worth it!
- Liquid version: Not everyone would appreciate this as powdered highlighter is still the easiest to use.
- The box says the product is good for 6 months, for the amount I use, I may have a hard time finishing this in 6 months!
I personally love this as a highlighter as this suits my skin tone better than regular "pearl" or "whitish" colored highlighters which can make it look unnatural if I applied too much! The Benefit Sun Beam, even if applied a bit more than the usual can still give me the natural effect.
This product is fool-proof, easy to use, even for first time liquid makeup wearers!
- I can't stress this enough, try on testers and ask the SAs to teach you how to apply it!
- Blend with clean finger tips to warm the product spreading the product more evenly.
- Apply this on ares were the sun naturally hits the face. Cheek bones, brow bones, nose bridge and even your cupid's bow.
- If you are a makeup artist, I suggest not to overuse this especially on flash photography. Keep in mind that not everyone is into "highlighted", "glow-y" look!
- I strongly prefer to apply this product on top of ANY cream, liquid-based product and try not to apply on top of a powder product to prevent uneven look.
- If you plan to mix Benefit Sun Beam to your foundation, do it gradually, do not apply too much or you'll end up like a disco-ball!
- If you prefer a "more obvious" highlighter, go for High Beam.
- High Beam is best for cool skin tones while Sun Beam is best for warm skin tones.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
This product would suit tanned skin but fair and medium skin tone can enjoy this too!!! I find this product to works on ALL skin color, you just have to control the amount of product used based on your preference.
Where to purchase and how much?
Benefit international website for $26.00, locally at Benefit Boutique Shangri-la and Greenbelt 5 for Php1,400.
Product photos and swatches
Benefit Sun Beam's Packaging
Nail-polish like bottle with a similar nail polish applicator.
One swipe on my hand
Almost looks like a tinted moisturizer but more liquid in texture.
Benefit Sun Beam has a nice bronze-y sheen and you can apply more and still gives a subtle effect.
It looks a bit more obvious on my hand because of the camera flash, but I strongly suggest to apply sparingly as when you get out under the sun, you will see a tiny sparkly effect which may translate to "oiliness" especially if you applied a bit too much! Keep in mind to ONLY apply on areas where the sun would natural hit the face. (Note: This is a higlighter, NOT a foundation or blush!)
How I apply my Benefit Sun Beam
Since I do not plan to use this on clients, I use the brush directly from packaging and apply 3 tiny dots on my cheekbones as shown on photo below. (Note: I already applied foundation underneath.)
With clean hands, I gently massage the product concentrating only on the cheekbones! It is very easy to over spread the product but I highly recommend to stick to the areas where the sun would naturally hit.
As Dory from Finding Nemo would say: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...". AMW would say: "Just keep blending...just keep blending!" :P
See the highlighted area that looks very natural?
That's the effect of Benefit's Sun Beam if applied correctly. Finish off with a blush and contouring powder and you have a perfect look that would look great in person and on photos!
Have you tried Benefit's Sun Beam?
Which is your favorite highlighter as of the moment?
Happy Sun-Beam-y Monday!!!
(Product received during an event. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)