I'm not a primer person, as you all know, I am quite happy with BB cream underneath my makeup! But I have to admit, primers are VERY important especially when I'm doing makeup for clients! That's why the test and quest for good primers are endless!
One primer I've tested is from Mary Kay, called Mary Kay Foundation Primer (yes, simple as that!)
Mary Kay says ---
This must-have foundation accessory perfects skin as it enhances foundation benefits and extends wear. Glides on like a dream so makeup applies smoothly and blends easily. Its patent-pending, oil-free gel formula is mineral-enriched to absorb oil and diffuse light for skin-perfecting benefits. Dries to a lightweight, matte finish and can be used with any Mary Kay® foundation.
Size: 1 fl.oz.
AMW says ---Pros
- Nicely packaged making it easy to control amount of product needed.
- Box printed with expiration date.
- Skin feels smooth immediately after application making foundation application a breeze.
- Dries up matte and lightweight.
- Does help reduce oiliness.
- Silicon-based, we all know how some of you may be allergic to this! So be careful.
- The performance of this primer is not consistent as compared to other primers in the market. To explain this statement further, the product works best if used together with my Mary Kay Time Wise Luminous and Matte Wear foundation.
- Weird smell (but this disappears after a couple of minutes.)
This is not the worst yet it's not the best primer I've tried. I am still loving my Smashbox Photofinish Light as the "to-go-to" primer especially for clients! I am a bit wary on putting silicon-based primers on them!
- A little amount is enough, I prefer applying this only on areas that oil up to prevent the "heavy" feel.
- If you are a bit sensitive to some makeup ingredients, do a patch test before applying the product all over your face.
- Start by applying a little, a little goes a long way!
- Once allergic reactions occur, stop usage immediately!
- If you have oily skin, it helps to bring oil control blotting sheets as you may still oil up.
- This product is BEST used with Mary Kay foundations. I promise you, the finish and look is amazing!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who's into trying out oil-control primers! Those with SUPER oily skin may try on other brands!
Where to purchase and how much?
The product costs Php1,300 (approx $30.00). Available at Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant by calling them at (632) 859-6211 or visit www.marykay.com.ph
Mary Kay Foundation Primer Swatch on Hand
Product does not come off runny, gel-like texture that's easy to blend.
Disappears immediately and blends into the skin blurring out lines and making it smooth to feel!
Would you go for this primer?
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)