Bobbi Brown Spring 2012 is the makeup collection we, living in a humid country would love! The Long-Wear Eye Collection.
From Coffee to Cocktails, that's the Bobbi Brown Promise. What to expect from this collection? ---
- Long-Wear Eye Pencils
- Long-Wear Cream Shadows
- Long-Wear Gel Liner
- Intensifying Long-Wear Mascara
I do not own everything from the collection, but I'm lucky enough to have 1 of the most coveted long-wear eye pencil that has been closely associated with the like of the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. Angela and I had a long discussion about this over dinner. Yes, it was a night about eyeliner pencils! *laughs* And hey, it wasn't boring at all!
Bobbi Brown says ---
The wait is over: for those who want the benefits of Bobbi's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in pencil form, here it is. This richly pigmented formula really goes the distance, staying put for 12 hours. Long-Wear Eye Pencil's densely pigmented formula glides on smoothly, for intense definition that lasts all day, so there's no need to worry about smudging or smearing. Apply in the morning and wear it into the night. Each pencil comes with a complimentary sharpener.
AMW says ---Pros
- Gel-liner kind of pigmentation in a pencil form.
- Glides on smoothly without tugging the lids.
- Very pigmented. You see rich color in one swipe.
- Once set, it doesn't budge until makeup removal.
- Comes with a pencil sharpener!
- One of the very few eyeliner pencil that stays on waterline for at least 4 hours!
- As compared to gel liner and a brush, constant sharpening is needed as the tip wears down after every use.
- To some, the price. But for me, it's all worth it!
One of the best eyeliner pencil I've used to date. Creamy, applies smoothly and stays longer than other eyeliner pencils.
- I tested this product so many times and in so many ways. I tried setting the liner with an eyeshadow powder but it ended up having the shadows smudging on me.
- I tested the product alone by applying a thin line on the upper lash line and lower lash line, with a clean pencil brush, I smudge the eyeliner pencil a bit to lessen the harsh look and this method helped set the pencil liner. The liner stayed longer.
- Always sharpen the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil to create a nice, sharp line. (if that's your preference)
- For super oily lids, it is still best to use an eyelid primer to prevent smudging.
Yes! I already did! I repurchased Jet shade.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes the look of a gel liner but aren't comfortable applying liner with a brush.
Where to purchase and how much?
The Long Wear Eye Collection is now available at Bobbi Brown counters in Rustan’s Makati (812-2507), Rustan’s Shangri-La (633-4636 loc 114) and Rockwell Essenses (822-9400).
The Long-Wear eye pencil costs Php1,450.00 (approx $35.00).
The pencil I get to review is in Jet
which is considered the blackest of all black in this collection
One light-hand stroke can create matte, pure black and very consistent shade.
Without tugging my eyelids, I can easily apply the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil on my upper lashline by leaning my head backwards staring down at the mirror. If you're comfortable with tightlining, feel free to tightline as well.
With less pressure, I can easily apply the liner on my waterline.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil
in shade: Jet
So far, I am very impressed with the quality of this eyeliner pencil! I have to say, Bobbi Brown lived up to my expectation on my makeup taking me from morning to night without touch-ups!
Have you found anything interesting from this collection?
Which among the Long-Wear collection do you wish to own?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
Keep smilin'Stay happy!
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)