One of the many challenges most eyeliner pencils are facing nowadays are the ability to withstand our humid weather! I've tested loads of eyeliner pencils in the past, there are the good ones (waterproof, smudge-proof, creamy, pigmented) and the not-so-good ones (not-so-waterproof, smudges a bit, creamy, pigmented) and the forgettable ones (smudges, hard liner tip, gave me the eye allergies!).
I've found good eyeliner pencils that can withstand our country's humidity but I'm still on the lookout for a similar one but with the lesser price tag! Have I finally found one in the name of Maybelline Eyestudio Crayon Liner?
AMW Tested: BLACKMaybelline says ---
- Well sealed upon purchase.
- A classic pencil liner that gives natural definition to the eyes.
- Soft texture glides smoothly on skin.
- Swipe over lids for a bold, vibrant color.
- Blend in for more natural look.
AMW says ---
- Easy to blend.
- Quite pigmented.
- Build-able color.
- Applying a thicker line will cause the liner to smudge.
- Not-so-waterproof especially if applied on waterline or if used to tight line.
Nice, inexpensive pencil liner best used for upper and lower lash line. Creamy and very pigmented.
- If you have oily lids, use a very good oil-control eye primer prior to eyeliner application.
- Stay away from tightlining using this pencil or apply on the waterline if you have very sensitive eyes.
- After application, make sure to let the product "set" by smudging the liner with a pencil brush. The liner will stay better with this method.
- If you prefer a thin, very clean liner line, always sharpen your crayon liner.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Dry-lidded individuals with pencil liners seldom smudges on them. If you are the type who prefer to use pencil liner as eyeshadow base, this product is also for you due to its creamy consistency.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Maybelline counters for Php149.00 (approx $3.50).
The Maybelline EyeStudio Crayon Liner in Black is true to its color!
What you see is what you get.
Swatch on hand
The crayon liner can be used as eyeliner
or eyeshadow base for smoky eye makeup!
If you prefer super black liner, you have to apply with a heavier hand.
Yes, it's possible with this pencil!
Applied on both upper and lower lashline.
With this pencil, I tend to steer clear from tight-lining or application on waterline as it gave me the itch and it smudges a bit on me at the end of the day!
Have you seen the Maybelline EyeStudio Crayon Liner in stores?
Would you give it a try for its price?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")