I've always been envious of people who can wear any brand of lipsticks! Whether high end or drugstore brand, the lip color always manages to look great on their oh-so-lovely lips.
As for me, I'm born with lips that has been slathered with dozens of lip balm and lip treatment but at the end of the day, it ends up looking like a crocodile worth selling to Hermes stores, maybe I could earn a bit of money from it! *laughs*
Now that I'm embracing and loving what God has given me, I've finally came into a conclusion that when it comes to lip products, I need to invest on moisturizing lipsticks whether expensive or not as they are the only ones that work for me! (Don't mind me if I still review matte textured lipsticks as I use them on clients!) And well, you can't blame me as I get sidetracked by lovely shades most matte lipsticks have!
Today, I will be reviewing another one of the most moisturizing lipsticks I've tried from Shiseido.
Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer in RD304 Hibiscus
I actually learned this line is quite new. I called in local Shiseido counter to check if they're available in stores and yes! They are!Shiseido says ---
The moist, radiant finish of Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer smoothes your lips with beautiful color. Dewy texture, even application minimizes the look of vertical lip lines.
The chic, modern red package encases the color and expresses the unique signature of Shiseido.
- Moisture-rich finish lasts for hours.
- Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE + Hyaluronic Acid provides a long lasting moisture effect improving roughness and flaking.
AMW says ---
- Simple red tube that screams Shiseido out of all the lipstick bunch!
- No scent.
- Pigmentation is good.
- Moisturizing lip color. Can be applied even without lip balm underneath.
- Doesn't cause feathering or chapping.
- RD304 Hibiscus is wearable and works great anytime of the day.
- Though names says tender sheer, build-able color.
- Moist and shiny (but not too much). Lips remain moisturized for the rest of the day even after re-application.
- Not as long lasting as compared to other matte lipsticks.
Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer lipstick is on top of the list of very moisturizing lipstick. The texture is creamy yet it doesn't leave a shiny film. It tints the lips and the color is build-able. Wearing this the whole day (even with re-application), my lips never crack or chap.
- If you suffer from very dry lips like I do, save up your money and purchase 1 really good, moisturizing, neutral shade that works for daily use.
- Though Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer is moisturizing enough, I still prefer to prep my lips by applying lip balm underneath.
- Store in cool, dry place as lipsticks can easily melt.
- If needed to share lipstick, use a lip brush for hygiene purpose.
To whom do I recommend this to?
This lipstick works for everyone but people with dry lips should invest on lipsticks that are highly moisturizing.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Shiseido Glorietta 4, Power Plant Mall, Trinoma Mall and Greenbelt 5 for Php1,250.00 (approx $31.25). Like Shiseido Philippines on Facebook for product updates.
Swatch on RD304 Hibiscus
RD304 is leaning on the light peach brown shade with sheer yet build-able coverage.
Before and After
Top: Bare Lips
Bottom: Wearing Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender sheer in RD304
applied directly from tube
The shade Hibiscus is wearable on both day and night and it looks very natural and moisturizing enough considering the super dry condition of my lips.
Does your lips suffer from extreme dryness?
Do you have a special brand of lipstick you particularly use that works even without lip balm underneath?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(product received for review. Opinions 100% mine.)