A natural flush that lasts whole day! Who doesn't love that? We're all addicted to that cute and romantic blush that screams "I'm in Love!" We all have that, but they never last the whole day!
Today, I am sharing a review on Estee Lauder's newest cheek product called Pure Color Cheek Blush! I have used this several times when I go out and thank God it doesn't come off or stain clothing (or the baby)!
The packaging looks like this...
You wouldn't know what it is until you ask, or maybe, if you read blogs or online beauty sites. As for me, I originally thought this is a fat lip balm or something...
Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Blush is housed in a little plastic pump dispenser; the shade of the packaging is the exact color of the blush. As for today's review, the shade I have tried is called Hot Fuse. Hot Fuse looks like a fiery red orange shade. Scary to put on cheeks right? Please read on and scroll further down for swatch.
Estee Lauder says ---
Blush with a rush of cellophane-sheer gel color.
So unique, your cheeks have never blushed liked this before.
Sheer, buildable, water-light gel. Simply pump sparingly on fingertips and then blend.
In 4 irresistible see-through shades - Hot Fuse, Pink Patent, X-Pose Rose and Techno Jam.
- Cellophane-sheer blush.
- Refreshing gel formula.
- Blush with a rush of cellophane-sheer gel color.
AMW says ---
- Pump packaging.
- Size is perfect for travel.
- Lasts the whole day or until removal.
- Gives a natural flush of color.
- Blends easily due to its cream-to-water texture.
- Water-light gel so it never feels greasy, oily or heavy on skin.
- Does not transfer on clothing.
- Does not highlight skin problems like freckles, pimples or acne scars.
- Stains the finger.
- You have to work fast or a huge blob of stain will stay on your cheek.
- You can't see if you're running out of product as you cannot see the inside of the packaging.
- Plastic packaging, okay because it doesn't break when you carry this around but it looks a bit too plain and inexpensive.
True enough as to how Estee Lauder described these Pure Color Cheek Blushes, they are indeed see-through so no matter how many times you pile on the product, it comes off naturally. This is one of the most natural blush tints I've tried to date.
- To prevent stains from fingers, use a foundation brush or stippling brush and blend out the cheek color.
- If you prefer a dewy, natural finish, refrain from applying powder on top of the Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Blush
- If you have medium dark to dark complexion, piling a bit more is needed.
- Upon applying on your cheeks, please work quickly for an even look.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Bridal clients or anyone who has the budget to invest on a nice gel blush that lasts the whole day. Good for all skin types!
Hot Fuse works for ALL skin tone. It creates a natural flush.
Where to purchase and how much?
Locally available at Estee Lauder counters for Php2,000 (approx $50.00)
1 Pump of Hot Fuse
Blended out a bit
Hot Fuse is a reddish orange shade in gel-like texture.
Feels like Jell-O!
The Pure Color Cheek Blush is indeed very sheer but be careful to work on the product immediately and blend it out as soon as you applied on the cheek to prevent a stain mark just like on photo below. (see the line?)
Application AMW Style
I prefer applying several dots as shown on photo below and immediately blend out the color.
If you want a natural blush on the apples of your cheeks, do the same way but concentrating on the circles of your cheeks.
The effect is very natural, barely-there flush, you can apply more if needed.
Without much makeup on, the Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Blush in Hot Fuse looks very natural, it gives a hint of almost coral shade! Though this is marketed as a cheek blush, I tried applying the remaining of the blush on my lips and they looks great!
Have you tried Estee Lauder's Pure Color Cheek Blush?
Price aside, will you give this a try?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Photo sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)