Thursday deserves a THROWBACK Thursday post!
Well, I'm referring to a Throwback Brand! Maybelline is definitely one of the very few brands I started my interest in makeup! I remember hovering around Maybelline SM Sta. Mesa counter (not as a thief, but as a possible customer lol) checking on their various lipsticks and blushes! Their prices aren't as competitive as today and I remembered telling myself to wait for my "part time job" salary (as a tutor) before I purchase one.
Throwback na throwback no?
Today, I will be sharing a review on Maybelline's Clear Smooth All in One Shine-Free Foundation. The shine-free term puts me off as I'm into dewy makeup nowadays, but for the sake of review, I used this for 1 full month before I gave it to my big sister who happily received it and I got immediate grateful text several days after! She obviously loved this!
Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Shine-Free Foundation
in Nude Beige
Maybelline says ---
All Day Shine Control. UV Protection. Fairer Skin. Conceals. Long Wear. Smoothes. Evens
Shine Control - Blend of water and sebum repellent powders keep skin matte and wonderfully fresh throughout the day.
High UV Protection - SPF 25, among the highest in sun protection shields from skin darkening and PA++ for added protection.
Instant Fairness - Infused with pro Vitamin C it instantly makes skin look fairer and more natural.
Imperfections Blend Away - Ultra fine powders and coated pigments effortlessly cover spots for fair and even skin.
Long Lasting - Breathable and lightweight, makeup stays true and even throughout the wear.
Visibly Smooth Complexion - Silky soft texture glides to visibly even out skins surface for a smooth complexion.
Conceal Blemishes - Blemishes are instantly concealed traceless. Skin looks flawless.
Tone Perfecting - Developed for South East Asian skin tone, each shade blends effortlessly all over for a natural non-cakey finish.
AMW says ---
- Available in 4 shades that suits Asian skin tone.
- Have refills available. You save the environment and money!
- Applies smoothly on skin. Has a velvety finish.
- Evens out the skin.
- Covers minor blemishes like red spots, minimizes the under eye darkness.
- Has a good amount of oil-control.
- Has SPF25.
- No white cast even on flash photography.
- Gives medium to medium-full coverage. Great for a powder foundation!
- Can be used as a main powder or a setting powder.
- The powder is very fine and soft it cracks easily if not handled properly.
- I've heard other users have allergic reactions to this. Read tips below on how to deal with this problem.
- Packaging: I love the huge mirror and the cute color of this packaging but I also like powder foundation that is housed in smaller case.
An inexpensive cake powder that gives light to medium coverage. Works in terms of evening out the skin tone at the same time covers minor flaws.
- I can't stress this enough, WASH your sponges before you use them! Wash them often or throw them out and purchase a new one if you have extremely oily or sensitive skin.
- For light to medium coverage, apply Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Cake Powder with a kabuki brush or powder brush.
- For medium to medium heavy coverage, apply using a sponge with patting motion.
- For full coverage, apply using damp sponge but you have to use wet application ALL THE WAY.
- As a setting powder, use a powder brush and "set" your liquid/cream foundation by applying this all over face with a sweeping motion, applying more on areas that tend to oil-up easily.
- Sunblock application is still needed after skincare, before makeup application if you know you'll be out under the sun for long period of time.
- To prevent super matte and "dry" look for users who have normal or combination (normal/dry) skin, sprits with a facial mist all over after powder application.
- Purchase refills! This will save you money and you can help save Mother Earth as well!
- Try on testers and walk around if possible before you purchase to make sure you don't have allergic reactions to this product.
My sister will! She loved this so much she repurchased so many times!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, Oily and Combination (normal/oily) skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php249.00 (approx $5.79) , refills costs Php150.00 (approx $3.50).
A closer look on Nude Beige on pan
This shade is perfect for girls who have warm undertone.
Close to NC30-35 in MAC
Before and After
L- bare face
R- Applied Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Shine Free Cake Powder
in Nude Beige using dry sponge
Applied all over face
I am quite surprised I quite like the Cake powder from Maybelline, I'm quite allergic to any product with the term oil-free or shine free as my skin is as dry as a rock! Like I said, after a month's usage, I'm quite surprise the effect is seamless and the powder gives me ample coverage I can even skip concealer application on some days.
After giving this to my sister, I immediately got a text from her that she loved this so much as her retouch lessen around 20%! She has combination skin (dry/oily on t-zone).
Have you tried Maybelline face powders?
Any favorites? Will you give this cake powder a try after reading my review?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received via BDJ Box. Review 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)