Early this month, I attended A Match Made For Me event and no, I'm not talking about dating! :P It was a foundation-matching event by L'Oreal Paris and I learned so much about this foundation during the event! Thank God L'Oreal answered our prayers when they categorized their foundations into cool, neutral and warm! Aside from that, they offer 15 shades for us to choose from and I'm sure this time, you won't need to purchase 2 shades of foundation for mixing just to get your customized shade!
After more than 2 weeks of usage, here are my thoughts on L'Oreal's newest foundation which they hailed as a super-blendable makeup!
Shade on AMW
W3 Nude Beige
W3 Nude Beige
I knew from the start I'm on the warm category and the shade Nude Beige is a perfect match for me! Just for reference, I'm usually on beige/warm beige or neutral beige on other brand of foundation. I'm NC20-25 on MAC. I do wear a shade or 2 darker than my face to match the color of my neck.
L'Oreal says ---
- is Non-comedogenic
- is Non-Acnegenic
- is Dermatologist Tested
- is Oil-Free
- has a natural SPF17 finish.
- is good for all skin types.
AMW says ---
- Great color range.
- Comes in lowest SPF hence won't create white cast even on flash photography.
- Easy to blend, does not leave obvious marks.
- Build-able coverage.
- Doesn't dry out my already dry skin.
- No breakouts.
- Gives a very natural, matte finish.
- Doesn't give the heavy and oily feel.
- Packaging. I personally still prefer the pump packaging.
- May oil up on users with extremely oily skin. I tried this foundation on an extremely oily-skinned friend and she advised me she needed to retouch with her favorite powder after 2 hours due to extreme humid and hot weather.
Finally, a foundation that gives importance to the skin tone of each individual. I easily spotted my shade and this works on dry, normal and combination skin.
- Don't forget to use your favorite face sunscreen as SPF17 won't be enough for our weather.
- Practice using your fingers, sponge or brush in application and choose the best effect for you.
- For medium to full coverage, apply with a stippling motion.
- Apply more at the center of your face blending foundation with downward strokes to prevent foundation streaks.
- For super oily skin users, use an oil control face primer or set with an oil-control powder especially on areas that tend to grease up easily.
- To set your foundation, use a powder sponge with a patting motion or for lesser coverage, use a big powder brush and gently pat on areas that tend to oil up to prevent foundation from sliding.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Makeup artistry students who need a wide range of foundation for practice (as the price isn't bad). This foundation works well on almost all skin types with the exception of users with extremely oily skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php899.00 (approx $20.00). Exclusively available in L'oreal Paris counters at Watsons and SM stores nationwide.
W3 or Nude beige on my hand
Once blended, you get a matte yet have a subtle "glow" effect.
I prefer using a flat top brush or a wet sponge in application. For fuller coverage, the flat top brush with stippling motion is the best for me after all the trials!
Stippling Motion application technique.
Stipple more foundation on areas that needed coverage.
Before and After
Half Face Test
Left facing you: Applied 2 layers of L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Nude Beige.
Right facing you: No base makeup.
I have used L'Oreal Foundations during my Basement Academy (makeup education) days and so far, they deliver in terms of coverage and how easy to product blends on most skin types! I'm quite impressed with the shades availability of the new L'Oreal True Match and I wish they would change their packaging into the "pump" version they offer in the past!
How do you find the new L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup?
Will you purchase?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)