I can't! I always want more!
As a makeup artist, I want to make sure I have a wide range of lipstick shades available for my clients to choose from! That's my best reason to purchase more lipsticks!
Recently, I got a lipstick from Virginia Olsen under their "Lip Creme" line. The name lip creme sounds ultra moisturizing and perfect for dry-lips users like moi! After using it for a week, here's my honest-to-goodness review on how I find this said product!
The shade I got to try is called: "Kiss the Girl". Tell me if the song from Little Mermaid suddenly pops in your head after reading this shade name! It does to me...ALL THE TIME! EVERY USE!
Virginia Olsen says ---
Virginia Olsen Pure Organics Lip Crème is formulated with all-natural ingredients which provide long lasting color and natural moisture that are safe to use even for those with delicate lips. It delivers natural pigments in a traditional lipstick shape, yet maintains its organic integrity.
AMW says ---
- Applies smoothly on lips even without lip balm underneath.
- Pigmentation is good.
- Does not accentuate my lip lines.
- No flaking or bleeding.
- Color stays approximately for 3-4 hours with eating and drinking.
- The lipstick itself is not too hard nor too soft.
- Since this is an organic makeup, the life span is shorter than regular lipsticks.
- Has a mild scent that goes away after use.
Kiss the Girl is a medium reddish-pink shade with a "sheen" finish. The lip creme has a decent moisturizing powers and applies smoothly on each application. The staying power is good.
- Always store lipsticks in cool, dry place especially for organic lipsticks!
- If you have extremely dry lips, a lip balm application is still needed and blot off excess oil with a tissue before you apply lipstick.
- To remove excess "sheen" or shine, tap your lips using a big powder brush with a translucent loose powder.
- Use to tip of the lipstick to define the shape of your lips and use the flat portion to apply the color all over.
- To prevent lips from flaking, apply with vertical motion (same direction as lip lines).
- Feel free to use Kiss the Girl as a blusher! The color is amazing!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Organic makeup lovers! Kiss the Girl works best on users with fair to medium skin tone.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php399.00 (approx $9.50). Available online www.virginiaolsen.com and at the Ramp Crossings, Shangrila Plaza.
Shade name: Kiss the Girl
This shade does look like the same lip color of Ariel from the Little Mermaid!
Swatch on Arm
Applied Kiss the Girl on Bare Lips
So far, the color works for me and it gives a "brightening" effect due to its "Moist-ful" finish! The only downside is, my lips tend to "drink up" all the moisture even from lipsticks so I ended up with dry lips after several hours! How do I deal with this? I retouch by applying lip balm instead of lipstick first then apply Kiss the Girl again on my lips with dabbing motion.
How do you find the shade Kiss the Girl?
Would you consider this a daily lip color?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)