When I went to SM North EDSA 2 weeks ago for a quick Meet and Greet with Cover Girl Philippines during the BDJ Camp Gorgeous, I dropped by Etude House store to check out what's new. I saw cute blushes called Lovely Cookie Blusher and I realized, I have 1 at home which was a "trade in" between me and a friend. The particular shade Carrot Cheesecake is from 2012 Collection but upon checking their website, it is still available in store (and there are more shades to choose from!) so feel free to pick one up or swatch in store and tell me your thoughts.
|AMW no makeup except Carrot Cheesecake blush applied on key areas of the face (cheeks, forehead and chin)|
Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in
The packaging reminds me so much of a cute macaroon.
The Blusher comes with a Powder Puff with a cute pink ribbon.
Here are my thoughts on the cute Cookie Blusher! Let's see if the quality exceeds "cuteness".
Etude House says ---
No description from Etude House website.
Shades available: Please click this link to know all the shades available.
AMW says ---Pros
- Very cute packaging.
- So many "cute" shades to choose from.
- Can "lighten" up the face with a hint of color.
- The effect is very natural due to its pearlescent sheen.
- Multi-purpose, can be used as blush, highlighting powder or eyeshadow.
- Gives "warmth" to my pale skin.
- The dome shaped "cover" is a bit bulky for makeup artists who would like to include this inside the traincase.
- Comes with tiny glitters. (A con if you're not a fan of glitters BUT this disappears midday).
- If you're a fan of glittery blush, it is a CON as stated above, this disappears midday.
- The powder puff is not as soft once washed.
- Not long lasting, you have to re-apply every 2 hours and considering I have normal/dry skin. Can you imagine if you have oily skin?
- Pigmentation. Build-able though.
A very natural peach shade with a nice sheen and small glitters (that doesn't last). The shade Carrot Cheesecake works best on fair to medium skin.
- For a more natural, all-over face color, use a brush in application.
- For heavier pigmentation, use the powder puff that comes with the packaging.
- Apply on the apples of your cheeks for a "teeny-boppy" effect. Blend outwards and upwards if you want to create some "contour" on your cheeks.
- For heavier pigmentation, apply with a "dabbing motion".
- For all over face color, use a big powder blush and gently apply all over the face with a swirly motion.
- This shade won't show up on users with dark complexion.
In other shades yes. I swatched Blueberry Pie in store and I love it!
To whom do I recommend this to?
If you are a fan of "natural-looking" blush and are scared of going heavy on blush application, you won't go wrong with this blush.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Etude House stores for Php348.00 (approx $7.90).
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/etudehousephilippines
The size of the pan is a tad bit smaller than a MAC Blush.
MAC is 5g while this one is 4g
Shade that I own: #4 Carrot Cheesecake
The color of the packaging itself is almost similar to the blush Color.
Carrot Cheesecake #4 on pan
Swatch on armPigmentation is build-able, but the effect will always be very natural and almost "non-existent". Unless you look closely.
Before and After
Applied 3-4 layers to show up on photos.
But in person, 2 layers are enough for a very natural "peachy" glow.
AMW wore Etude House Lovely Cookie Butter
in Carrot Cheesecake
Will you purchase the Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher?
I wouldn't mind purchasing more shades, these are perfect for daily use! I love the fact that these are very affordable and you will use this for a couple of times before you hit the pan!
Which particular shade would you go for? (photo taken from Etude House Philippines website)
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")