To those who want High Definition Finishing powders to set their makeup or just to wear alone, you may want to check out Glambox High Definition Finishing Powders.
I got all 3 shades a couple of months ago (almost a half a year) and I took my sweet time reviewing these because let's be honest, Finishing Powders are actually more difficult to review because you have to make sure they work on (in our case) cool and humid weather.
After going through crazy HOT weather and now, we're finally feeling the Christmas breeze, I'm finally ready to share my thoughts on these.
3 Shades available: Rio, Capri and Manhattan
Rio (Natural Tan) is the darkest shade (but not too dark in my opinion)
Capri (Natural Beige) is the medium shade which I find perfect for most Filipinas.
Manhattan (Translucent Natural) is the lightest shade which almost looks like those white silica powder but not really "white, white", it has a hint of yellow undertone.
Glambox says ---
An ultra-fine, sheer, and lightweight finishing powder available in skin-tone shades
Evens out your complexion; delivers a natural, matte finish; gives full coverage
Perfect for: All skin tones and skin types
Shades available: Rio, Capri and Manhattan
AMW says ---
- Goes on smoothly during application.
- Do not leave weird streaks.
- Works for all skin types!
- Non-drying. Works on controlling the oil even on super humid days.
- Skin looks even and bright.
- No white cast even on direct flash.
- Applied on top of foundation, this keeps my makeup longer-lasting and fresh-looking.
- Most setting powders come in 1 shade, let us consider this a bonus that it has light, medium and dark shades.
- Multi-purpose, these finishing powders can also work as highlighter and "contour" powder (at an extent).
- Same as my complaint on ALL loose powders, they are messy!
- If you have acidic skin, the Finishing Powder MAY turn "orange" on you.
- Huge packaging so not a perfect companion to tote around.
- Price. Depending on how much you use.
- Not enough coverage. I put this on neutral as this is a Finishing powder (not a powder foundation) so I did not expect much coverage.
A smooth, lightweight finishing powder that can be worn alone or on top of your favorite foundation. It helps keep skin looking smooth and even without the white cast.
- Use alone for a natural radiant look or to set your makeup.
- For combination skin, use a bit more on areas that tend to oil up.
- If you can't seem to find the right shade, this tip will be a bit pricey but feel free to mix both shades.
- Best to use a bit fluffy brush for light, natural coverage.
- Use a kabuki brush for light to medium coverage.
- Use a sponge and do a dabbing motion on areas that tend to oil up like the T-zone.
Yes. Not bad considering the amount of product you get and how much a little goes a long way in terms of oil control goes.
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types!
Where to purchase and how much?
Originally priced at Php1,350.00 but checked on BeautyMNL website and they are on 10% off so priced now at Php1,215.00.
View of the shades on pot
L-R Manhattan, Capri and Rio
L-R Manhattan, Capri and Rio
Please bear in mind that Rio isn't meant to be used as contour powder as it has warm undertone making the effect to be a bit too orange especially if you have fair complexion. But, if applied sparingly, you can still use it to make your face appear warmer especially if you're the type (like me) who seldom gets enough sunlight! :P
See the warmth it gives? I also like to apply some on the forehead for that sun kissed warmth.
Now on to using 3 shades on my face, I used Capri all over the face applying more than usual (as I did not use anything underneath). There isn't much coverage so you can definitely still see the under eye darkness, red spots, etc... Feel free to apply concealer prior to Finishing Powder application. But for the sake of review, I'll leave my bare face as it is :)
I also used the shade Manhattan on key areas around my face where I want to highlight (bridge of the nose, under eye area, etc..) The result is very subtle but it gives me 3 dimensional look on photos!
Do you use finishing powders on daily basis?
I personally do not do all the steps in makeup application BUT I have to say, Finishing Powders are very vital for Professional Make Up Artists like me! I use these like crazy so I am confident enough to bring these and use on my clients.