Whenever I'm out for an event or a makeup gig, here's the scenario ---
I drive as fast as I can to go back to Toddler AMW, then, upon arriving, I pick him up, bring him to the room with me as I change and wash my face and hands!
At the back of my head, I thought: "Mapapasma ako nito ng wala sa oras" (driving at least 2-3 hours per way), but who cares? Rather than having my sun rub his cute li'l face against my "made up", never mind the sacrifices!
And recently, I chanced upon Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes meant for Dry and Sensitive skin. I had to grab a pack and test it out! I have tried so many makeup removing wipes and so far, only a few passed my standards!
These wipes are said to cleanse, tone and hydrate as it removes make up AND waterproof mascara! Most wipes give me the eye string but it was printed on the packaging: "Suitable for Sensitive eyes". So yes, that got me super excited!
Nivea says ---
Nivea daily Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes for dry and sensitve skin. Cleanses tones and hydrates. Removes make-up and waterproof mascara. Suitable for sensitive eyes with Natural Almond Oil & Hydra IQ
AMW says ---
- Smells great.
- No sting at all, yes, even on the eye area.
- Removes Almost ALL traces of makeup.
- Skin feels refresh after cleansing.
- The quality of the wipes is really good. No tearing at all.
- 1 wipe is good enough to clean the whole face.
- Skin feels soft and moisturized even without following up on toner and moisturizer.
- If you prefer really "moist" wipes, then you'll find this a bit "dry".
- Will not remove hardcore waterproof eyeliner! (But I don't expect any wipes to do so)
Considering how "almost dry" the wipes feel, it is indeed VERY effective in removing almost ALL traces of makeup! I can actually play with my son immediately and have him rub his face against mine without me having to worry about makeup transferring on his skin. The wipes are indeed good for dry and sensitive skin as my skin immediately feel hydrated and clean after every use.
- Store the wipes upside down (and vice versa) to keep each wipe well hydrated from top to bottom.
- Fold the wipe in 2, start removing your eye makeup first.
- If you have waterproof makeup on, leave the wipe on one area for at least a minute.
- Be gentle when cleansing. Do not wipe your skin hard!
- Put the wipes inside the fridge on hot summer to keep your skin refreshed!
- If you wear heavy makeup, try not to depend on facial wipes alone! Deep cleansing is still the best way to have good skin!
Yes! I use these highly on clients!
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available in all Watsons branches nationwide. Priced at Php140.00 per pack.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NIVEAPhilippines
Easy Peel packaging
As stated on my tip, leave the wipe on one eye to melt down waterproof makeup before you gently wipe off.
Fold and use the clean side of the wipe to remove makeup on the rest of your face.
I like to use this on days I want to remove light makeup after coming home before getting close to my little one.
So far, all traces of makeup are removed! There are just a few of the "super waterproof eyeliner" left.
Pillow test, I tried rubbing my face on a super white pillow, so far, no makeup transfer! My face is indeed very clean!
Personally speaking, washing your face with facial wash and water is still the best way to have clear, good skin. But on days you are too lazy or you are in a hurry to wipe off makeup, Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes is one option I would go for!
What's your favorite brand of wipes?
I will share a review next on the Exfoliating wipes soon!