Castle Dew Crystal Tox Lipstick, I have never seen this but I knew about Castle Dew since I started Blogging. That was 8 awesome years ago!
If Castle Dew does not ring a bell, well, think VOV! Don't you love VOV?
So last Christmas, I received a gift from my friends from Pure Beauty and it includes this lipstick that got my interest!
And the most unique part, the lipstick shade is called Essential Peach and it came with a strip of yellow line in between which I believe is the "essential balm" that can help keep your lips hydrated throughout the day.
Castledew Crystal Tox Lipstick says ---
This Castledew Crystal Tox Lipstick from VOV features a highly pigmented color and a formulation that is a gentle balm on the lips. It contains avocado oil, vitamin E and jojoba oil that smoothens fine lines and have a rejuvenating effect.
Comes in 3 shades
AMW says ---
- The color, it is really unique as I don't own a similar Essential Peach shade from my lipstick collection.
- Long-lasting. Stays on my lips for at least 4 hours, yes, even with drinking.
- Can be layered.
- May be drying on extremely dry lips!
- May accentuate lip lines.
The Castle Dew Crystal Tox lipstick's texture is just like regular lipstick even with a "balm" strip. I was expecting it to be highly moisturizing but it isn't! The shade Essential Peach is super pretty and works for my skin BUT, the color may accentuate my lip lines.
- Exfoliate lips if you are a regular lipstick wearer.
- If you have pigmented lips like me! Best to conceal the darkness of your lips with a lip concealer or regular concealer before applying light colored lipstick like Essential Peach.
- To prevent lip lines or dryness to show up, apply a clear lip gloss on top with a "dabbing" motion.
- If you have lip lines, apply your lipstick in a vertical motion instead of the usual horizontal motion.
- Mattify your lipstick by applying translucent powder on top.
Yes, for the sake of color, Essential Peach is very unique!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Will work best on fair to medium skin. Dark skinned users may use this but may find the lip color too bright, tone down the color by applying another layer of different colored lipstick.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Pure Beauty and Zalora priced at Php745.00 (approx $16.90).
The packaging reminds me so much of a red crystal!
The yellow balm strips won't show up upon application, it just gives a lovely sheen!
AMW wore Essential Peach
How do you like the shade Essential Peach?
Do you think the color will work for you?
This year is year of the Goat! My year! So I'm looking forward to more exciting things ahead with my family and this blog! Again, THANK YOU for not failing to visit my blog! I love you all!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)