Most awaited review from my "oilieship" :P Friendships who have oily skin! *harharhar*
I got the Etude House Zero Sebum White Sebum Clear MONTHS ago and I was just looking for someone to help test this product out.
Now, a long-time AMW reader would know how dry my skin is on a bad day and how "normal" it is on a good day! I may have a bit of oil from here and there but it was all because of my extra "moisturizing" technique the night before! So yes, admittedly, my face isn't the perfect canvass to test the Zero Sebum.
Thankfully, I have the ultimate oily-skinned willing guinea pig ..ahem Mr. AMW! Thanks love! :D
The packaging is cute, simple white with mint green accent and disregarding the size of the packaging (quite bulky really), I like the fact that it comes with a pump! YAY!
Etude House Zero Sebum says ---
This melts away lumps of sebum oil in sebum concentrated areas such as the forehead, nose, and chin. It clears out sebum lumps on the surface of the skin for powdery, clean and smooth skin.
Water, Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Propanediol, Betaine, Sodium Polyacrylate, Pentylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/6 Copolymer, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Extract, Soluble Collagen, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium Edta, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Plankton Extract, Phenoxyethanol
AMW says ---
- Does blur out some of the pores.
- After constant usage, can help reduce the sight of enlarge pores.
- Provides smooth complexion so can also work as a "primer" before foundation application. (Not on Mr. AMW but for female users with oily skin)
- Hygienic packaging.
- Packaging, I can't seem to know how much product I have left.
- It leaves a bit of that greasy feel on every use. Nothing to worry about if you are a makeup wearer as you can always set with powder.
An effective pore-reducing product but when it comes to Zero Sebum, I still can't see that for now as Mr. AMW told me he still has extremely oily skin. But of course, to each their own, I believe Mr. AMW is an oil-factory so I won't blame Zero Sebum for that.
- Apply a thin layer on areas that tend to oil up (t-zone and chin). Do not apply too much as the effect would be greasy.
- Best if used together with other Zero Sebum products. I believe they also have a mattifying product that is meant to be used as primer and a powder.
- Best applied before using your makeup.
- Massage gently on parts of your face that is oily and let it set for a couple of minutes before you proceed with foundation application.
Not for myself but will recommend.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Users with oily and combination skin type.
Where to purchase and how much?
On all Etude House branches priced at Php698.00 (approx $15.00).
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/etudehousephilippines
Before and After Photo
L- without using Etude House Zero Sebum White Sebum Clear
R - after a week's usage
Overall, you can see a slight improvement on the size of pores especially on the cheek area. As dissolving white heads, I can't tell if that works because Mr. AMW doesn't have issues with white heads. Just oiliness and pores!
Any Etude House Zero Sebum White Sebum Clear users
out there who can share their experience?