I talked about this new L'Oreal True Match Genius 4-in-1 Primer, Foundation, Concealer and Powder on my social media accounts and most of you requested for a review right away! I did my best and used it even though the shade doesn't match me that well! Weird how it looks oh-so-perfect on pan but once applied, it looks a bit light on me but nothing a bronzer and darker setting powder can't do! Although for the sake of review, I actually went out wearing JUST this to test its' longevity.
Yes, for you guys, I can go out with a foundation that doesn't match my neck! If you don't call that true love, I don't know what :P
Shade: G1 Gold IvoryI have always been a "beige" girl so the gold maybe perfect fit for me but the Ivory puts the shade a bit off a bit! Nothing too alarming, but I just have to put on a disclaimer!
The slim compact is retangular-shaped, comes with a small mirror and a sponge.
L'Oreal True Match Genius 4-in-1 Primer Foundation Concealer Powder Says ---
- 4 professional gestures in 1 easy step.
- Perfectly matches your shade, you skin, your life.
- Its formula which includes priming gel, a creamy base and mineral pigments to create the best possible skin tone match.
AMW says ---
- Packaging. Slim, flat compact with mirror and sponge.
- Cream formula yet non-drying.
- Build-able coverage.
- Evens out skin tone and covers certain spots and redness.
- Can double as concealer.
- Has a velvety finish.
- Glides on easily and so far, I find it helps lessen the look of pores.
- Gives a semi-matte, bright-faced finish.
- Tricky shade matching. They are actually a tad bit lighter than how they appear on pan.
- Mine looks unnatural because the shade isn't right for me. My face turns grayish.
- As concealer, can only conceal minor flaws.
Quite an impressive foundation, concealer and primer! It applies smoothly and sets with a demi-matte finish.
- Use the sponge if you want to apply as foundation all over your face.
- Use a concealer brush or your clean fingers if you want to use this as concealer, apply with dabbing motion.
- Can be used alone if you have normal or dry skin.
- Oily skin needs to set this still with an oil-control powder.
- Always try out testers, because shade really looks different on pan as compared to when applied.
I will repurchase but will get a better shade matching.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Women on -the-go! This is an easy foundation to apply on a daily basis and it is very easy to "spot conceal" areas that needed more coverage without the hassle and mess.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at L'Oreal counters or Beautymnl.com for Php600.00 each.
Swatch: Shade G1 Golden Ivory
If I prefer more coverage, I can either use clean fingers and gently dab on areas that needed extra coverage.
Before and After:
Can cover redness, can even out skin tone and brighten up the skin.
Half Face Test
On photo, the color isn't as bad but in person, it is at least 2 shades lighter than my skin!
Overall, I am impressed with the texture of the foundation and how I can survive wearing this for almost the whole day without retouch! The coverage is build-able and I can definitely use this to spot conceal. With the right shade chosen, this is definitely one to-go-to base makeup on a daily basis!
Have you tried L'Oreal True Match Genius 4-in-1?