So I may not be a heavy liquid/cream foundation user but I am definitely a STRONG powder foundation person! I use it to cover up my problem areas like darkness, redness and undereye circles! That's why when I saw Lancome has a new Brightening Compact Foundation under their Blanc Expert line, I knew I had to give this a try because who wouldn't want make up with skin care benefits?
After MONTHS of trying (2 months to be exact), I'm ready to share my thoughts on these! A bit pricey at first glance but seriously, a powder foundation with separate compact and refill? That's a MUST and I hope all make up brands would follow suit.
Lancome Blanc Expert Brightening Compact Foundation Says ---
Light-weight and comfortable with volatile oils and a cooling formula. High coverage with concentrated illuminating pigments that correct dullness and enriched with the Blanc Expert skincare ingredients.
AMW says ---Pros
- The packaging has an extra "lid" to maintain freshness.
- Comes with a refill.
- Has SPF35 which is good enough for daily protection. (Added Plus, the PA+++!)
- Gives off a perfectly matte finish that doesn't look powdery.
- Coverage can be built.
- Hides certain redness, pores.
- Skin looks fresh and bright!
- Natural finish.
- Shade matching. A bit challenging to find the right shade so definitely will need help from SA.
- Compact size. Could be an issue to some who prefers smaller compact.
A build-able coverage powder compact that is perfect for daily use. It can hide certain skin issues and the result is very natural.
- Must wash sponge before use.
- Apply with patting motion for medium to heavy coverage.
- Use a powder blush if you prefer lighter coverage.
- To set liquid/cream foundation, always using dabbing motion.
- Best to swatch on testers to find the right shade.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Powder foundation user. I find this product to work for ALL skin types.
Where to purchase and how much?
All Blanc Expert Compact Foundation shades available at Php2,150.00 (for compact refills) and Php700.00 (for the Blanc Expert Compact Foundation Case). Available in all Lancôme Philippines Boutiques and Counters: Lancôme Greenbelt 5, Lancôme Robinson’s Magnolia, Lancôme Rustan’s Shangri-La, Lancôme Rustan’s Makati
I like that the compact is simple and in white!
The compact comes with a lid that helps protect the formulation of the powder.
Shade on review: O-04
Before and AfterThe product helps even out my skin tone, reducing redness especially on the sides of my nose and can cover some dark circles. Consider this a good coverage since I only apply a layer or two.
Aside from this product, I also gave their UV Expert XL-Shield CCCover a try! Will share my in-depth review soon! But I'm really loving this powder since it made my skin looking brighter and healthier!
How do you like the result of this Compact Foundation?