Since the arrival of wonderful liquid eyeliner pens, I didn't see myself touching a liquid liner that is housed in a "pot" and "applicator" (separately). Holding the new Maybelline Hyper Ink Liquid Liner brought me back to so much good and bad "eyelining" memories. The first one I tried was from Kate by Kanebo and I remembered poking my eye directly with the sharp brush seeing "black tears" rolling down my cheeks.
Good 'ol pre-Blogging, pre-MUA memories.
Now that I'm confirmed to have steady-hands and a very good hands in ANY type of liquid liner application, holding this gave me that ultimate rush because I knew I will be getting somewhat a very precise, high intensity liquid liner --- and Maybelline Hyper Ink Liquid Liner gave me so much MORE!
The Hyper Ink Liquid Liner is housed in a very simple black and silver packaging with a long handled "cap" that I appreciate because I have better hold of the liner brush!
Maybelline Hyper Ink Liquid Liner Review Says ---
Get inked with a liner that does it all. Intense blacker than black pigments are highly absorbed by its unique flexi-cushion tip that gives extreme control. With a 12h smudgeproof formula, this eye liner will deliver bold and precise definition all day long.
AMW says ---
- Great pigmentation, you get an intense glossy black shade in ONE single swipe.
- Quick drying, I can easily apply and leave for just approx 10-15 seconds and I can blink my eye without smudging.
- NO smudging or smearing for the whole day.
- Flexi-cushion tip is easy to control.
- No allergic reactions.
- For first-time liquid liner users or users with shaky hands, application will always be challenging.
- Can finish up this liner easily if use daily, approximately a month or less depending on how "thick" you apply your liner.
- I wish they will come up with a Dark Brown version.
- The liner isn't completely matte, it gives off a glossy finish so some may like it, some may not.
A glossy black liquid liner that dries off pretty quickly! Comes with a nice applicator that is easy-to-use and work with.
- Start lining using the "side" of the flexi-cushion tip instead of the tip for ease of application.
- Use the tip of the brush ONLY to wing your eyeliner.
- Start at the center of your upper lash line building up thickness as you go on.
- Mistakes? Fret not, use an oil-free eye makeup remover and gently remove mistakes with a Q-tip.
- Always close the cap tightly to prevent liquid from getting dry.
- Use an eyeshadow primer to prevent smudging or smearing especially for users with oily lids or monolid users.
- Keep in mind to use a separate waterproof eyeliner pencil to "tightline".
- Do not use this to apply on the lower lashline.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who prefers intense eyeliner.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Local Maybelline Counters priced affordably at Php199.00 (approx $4.00)
I appreciate that the handle of the brush is long!
Before and After
I can easily create a super sharp line with the applicator.
Maybelline Hyper Ink Liquid Liner definitely got my 2 thumbs up! A must-try especially for those who prefer the intensity of a liquid liner minus the hefty price!
Have you tried Hyper Ink Liquid Liner?
Are you into pen-type liquid liners or the ones like Hyper Ink?