"Lumpia" or fried spring rolls has always been my favorite dish even when I was younger! As much as I cook this a lot, they always turn out differently because I never measure! I always joke around that my dishes depend on the mood of the cook!
Anyone can relate?
If you check out my AMW Recipes, you'll notice how much of a "meat" person we are! Well, technically, we're not just carnivores, we love our veggies and seafood, but I am allergic to most seafood that's the reason why you don't see me cook them.
BUT, there are days I give myself a break! I ordered a kilo of fresh (still moving) shrimps and decided to trick my family (and my allergies)! :P
- Fresh shrimps
- Ground Pork
- Onion and Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 egg
- Chopped carrots
- Boil the shrimps and peel off shell. Set aside.
- Combine, in a separate bowl, ground pork, chopped shrimps (cooked), onions, garlic, carrots, salt, pepper mixing together with 1 egg.
- Please don't judge my wrapping skills! I used to be good at it, but since having a toddler beside me watching me roll and wrap, I can't seem to make them all even! LOL
- Place a spoonful of the shrimp and pork filling, roll the wrapper tightly and seal the edges with egg white or cornstarch slurry.
- Heat the oil in pan and fry them one side at a time.
I like to slice the Shrimp Lumpia into bite size pieces and "oven bake" them 5 minutes before dinner!
Have you tried different fillings for the usual Lumpiang Shanghai dish?
Any other "filling" recommendations?