So when was the last time I reviewed a mascara again? More than a month! I can't seem to bother to use mascara on most days because really, what's there to "grab" right?
Thankfully, I have readers like "Cindie" (okay, it is her real name! hahaha) who has similar lash situation as I do and asked me about my favorite mascara AFTER Shiseido Full Lash Volume Mascara. It was a perfect timing for her to ask me this question because after testing and trying out so many, ONE brand and mascara product caught my attention! And I'm sure you'll be surprised how this brand finally got my "AMW Seal of Approval" since most of their past mascaras received "so so" approval from me!
Revlon foundations - never an issue for me, they can make good bases for a drugstore brand. But mascara? Revlon, you finally made it!
And this time, they made sure not to make any mistakes at all! They want to cover ALL lash issues thus coming up with 5 different variants to choose from under this mascara line! And goodness! I have to give them "Thumbs and Toes up" for great packaging too! (color coded!)
L-R Revlon Super Length Mascara, Dramatic Definition Mascara,
Volume + Length Magnified Mascara and Ultra Volume Mascara
This is the particular one I picked first! Because this is the Ultimate All-In-One which received rave reviews and who doesn't want all-in-one products?
Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara Says ---
Our innovative, high-impact formula delivers 5 lash-transforming benefits, while our Revlon Power Mini Brush™ leaves no lash behind. Choosing the one has never been so simple.
• High impact formula delivers the ultimate 5 benefits in 1:
- Intense Color
• Revlon Power Mini Brush™:
- Unique mini oval shape designed to reach every lash
- Hollow core designed to deposit formula for mega lash impact
AMW says ---
- Super nice packaging. One of the best Revlon came up with.
- The brush applicator is tiny making it easier for me to reach out even the shortest lashes.
- Comes with various shades - Blackest Black, Black or Blackened Brown.
- Used this without curling my lashes to see if it can "lift" my straight lashes? It did!
- Easy to remove.
- This mascara has "Tube formula" meaning, it is easier to remove and doesn't flake.
- Will weigh your lashes down if you apply more than 2 coats.
- Will smudge a bit of applied too much especially for users who are oily-lidded.
A great mascara if you are aiming for length, volume and definition. It does create curl BUT does not hold curl especially if you applied more than 2 layers. Great brush and easy to work with even with short lashes.
- Wiggle the brush starting from the root and slowly pull forward/upward.
- Best is to use 3 coats max or under. Adding more coat will create clumps.
- Curl your lashes well prior to mascara application.
Will I repurchase?
Yes. But will try out the other variants and will update my favorite.
To whom do I recommend this to?
All mascara users. But this is actually a nice even for those who have short, sparse and non-existent lashes like me.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters priced at Php650.00 each.
Closer look on the brush.
You can also see the "tube mascara" that seems to appear like real lashes.
I like to apply with my eyes wide open so I don't get to touch my eyelid.
Before and After (Front View)
3 coats max
Can you see the length? It's crazy!
Even without curling my lashes, the mascara "lifts" my lashes a bit!
But it didn't stay that way forever though! My lashes went down a couple of hours after
(which is normal for most mascaras and much more normal since our weather is crazy humid)
So far, this is my favorite Revlon mascara to date.
What do you think?