Friday, May 16, 2008
Reader's Corner: On Hair Fall
to Pretty Me, hope this helps :)
Hi Nikki! i have this hair fall problem. any suggestions? My hair is too fine and I've been wishing to have it thicker. Hope you can help me regarding this matter. =)
First of all, I want to clarify I'm not a hair expert. But I can only vouch on some products I've used and I can also give a tip based on my experiences or my friends.
First of all, I want to check with you Pretty Me if your hair fall is average or not. Is it more than the usual 100-150 strands a day? (yup, i researched this is a normal hair loss rate) As I can say that as we get older, our skin, the body's largest organ loses its elasticity, so we compensate that by using creams, lotions etc.. Same with our scalp, it needed attention and most of us don't give the right amount of attention to our scalp.
There are several reasons for hair loss, aging, stress, environment can all cause to hair loss. I believe you have to pinpoint the start of your hair loss and what causes it.
I believe a lot of people will ask you to use a hair fall control shampoo. Yes that could probably help but let's go beyond that, I've read from one magazine that I've been reading several years ago about hair loss, and here are some tips that I can think of and remember:
1. Massage your scalp - I believe this can help bring greater blood flow to your scalp. Massage it on circular motion and pull some of your hair (gently). I always have this type of massage in a spa and I always ask what's the use of it, and I always get to have this explanation, a massage for your scalp for healthier scalp :)
2. Use a large tooth comb when your hair is still wet - I've been doing this for more than a decade now, I still lose like 5-10 strands of hair, but not as much as using brushes!!!! And when I say LARGE tooth, I mean as large as possible :)
3. Eat healthy - this is very important! As our diet is one huge factor for a woman to be pretty. Just think of a woman so into diet, you can see their skin gone bad and also their hair lacks luster. So drink lots of water and go have a balance diet :)
4. Do not put conditioner directly into your scalp - or any treatment as this will build up onto your scalp.
5. Use any hair strengthening shampoo or conditioner - yup, you don't have to use both together to, to aid hair strengthening. I have used both Rejoice and Pantene, both of them works for me. Buy them in sachet and give them a try before you buy the whole bottle.
My dear askmewhats readers, I'm sure you guys have your own tips!
Let's help out Pretty me and tell me what your advises and tips are :)