INTRODUCTION to BB cream
Blemish Balm, also call BB Cream, is known to have been formulated as an after-treatment cream to help patients who have gone through laser skin surgery to soothe and regenerate the skin. Soon, it became popular with many Korean celebrities.
-Helps to soften skin texture
-Prolonged used of product may help to improve overall texture of skin & fade acne scars
-Act as a makeup base & foundation
-Helps to cover the irregularities on the skin, even out skintone, camouflage undereye circles, scars & add radiance to face
My first BB Cream Purchase BRTC Cover BB Cream
What made me choose this brand?
Before I answer this question, BRTC is an abbreviation for Bio Remedies Therapeutic Cosmetics. I chose this brand because I have read that this brand is one of the most famous and trusted together with Dr. Jart's.
Out of all the BRTC BB Cream lines, why did I choose the Cover BB Cream?
Because the size isn't big, and the price is reasonable. If it doesn't work on me, I won't feel bad! lol But of course, I chose the Cover BB cream because it states that this covers blemishes and uneven skin tone naturally!!! <-- very important for Askmewhats.
Here's how it looks like on my hand
Has a pinkish tone rather than yellow
Blends a bit
As seen, it has a thick consistency
Looks like a cream foundation
If blended well, you hardly notice anything!
The color blended in with my skin
(click on photo to enlarge)
You'll see that there's a certain glow
Now let's go to the real deal...
The Product Review!!!
It naturally covers the uneven skin problem caused by blemishes and trouble marks and express vital and brilliant looking skin.
Various botanical active ingredients are effectively delivered to the skin and care the blemishes and trouble marks while presenting flawlessly natural looking skin tone.
Macadamia Nut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Vitamin C derivatives, Swiss Alphine Herb Extract, Allatoin, Camomile Extract
Askmewhats says ---
- Tube is hygienic and easy to use
- natural looking
- sheer-medium coverage depends on how much you put, can be used alone on lazy days
- brightens my skin: I can't help staring at my skin every now and then
- it didn't cover my blemishes and spots BUT my skin is definitely MORE even.
- ingredients are all natural
- A little goes a long way
- not available locally
- quite pricey for 10ml tube
- if you are looking for heavy coverage: This is not the one as it does cover up some blemishes and undereye circles, but not completely. Have to follow up with foundation though and it works ok
- Oil Control: not too much, have to re-touch a 3-4 hours later
- no SPF as other BB creams have SPF and Anti-wrinkle
- Available in ONE shade only, so not everyone will appreciate this
- has a tiny "clay" scent, but it doesn't bother me (could bother others)
If used alone, the BRTC Cover BB Cream looks like a tinted moisturizer with a tiny amount of concealer. If used together with your favorite foundation, it gives out a flawless looking skin with the natural "glow". I like this! I can't tell about it's function as the "healing" agent as I've only been using this for a couple of days. Definitely check back for Askmewhats Revisits when I finish this tube.
Is this vital to your skincare and make-up regimen?
It is considered a luxury for me, we can live without the BB creams as we aren't actors/actresses who needed the "CLOSE UP" shots all the time. For coverage, we can always use a concealer and our favorite foundation.
BUT, if you're someone who wanted the "extras" in life, it is ok, but I have to warn you! It gets ADDICTING! Can you believe I am now searching for other BB cream brands? I am looking into Dr. Jart's or Skin79!!! And I am not even halfway done with this!
Imagine how hard it is to choose your foundation shade? Choosing BB creams is harder because you don't get to see the product unless you're living in Korea!
So...... I'm holding off choosing for now.... because.....
Thanks to Tine though for sending me Missha and Skinfood BB cream samples, at least, I have my hands full for reviews.
- you have to apply moisturizer before using this product, especially for my dry skin, can cause a bit of skin flakiness
- apply BB cream AFTER basic skincare BEFORE makeup application
- you don't need to apply this BB cream all over your face, you can use a small amount on areas that needed more coverage and finish with patting motion all over the face
- you can apply BB cream with a Stippling brush/Make-up Sponge or Fingers. I've tried everything, I like using my fingers better! <-- funny how this doesn't sound right! LOL
I might! I'm loving the extra glow!
Where can you purchase and how much?
Ebay! I bought this for $20.00 plus $3.50 shipping (approx Php1,175.00)
Are you ready? lol
Am I the only one who's NOT ready?
Left: nothing but pure skin
Right: nothing but BRTC Cover BB Cream
(Click photo to enlarge)
As seen on photo, it didn't cover and "magically" remove the spots on my skin but it did brighten my skin a bit and even out my skin tone :)
I hope my review is helpful to people who plans to start using BB creams! I hope I'm not enabling some of you because I know how hard it is when your "ENABLED" button is switched on! Goodluck BB Cream hunting!
Christmas is near!!!
Christmas is near!!!
Are you opening up any Christmas presents?
Me, NONE :( I've opened up everything already! LOL
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Stay Happy and Stay Pretty!