The Make Up Forever Camouflage Cream Palette, I've been lemming this for the longest time. What stopped me from purchasing? The price! Hell would I pay Php1,600 (approx $34.00) for such small concealer!
But it kept on calling my name!
What calls my attention? Every time I went up to the MUFE sales staff, I was told these are out of stock. So early this year, I went up to the counter again and check about this palette (half expecting it to be out of stock again), but when the sales staff told me they have this palette available and only 2 are left!!!
True or Not?
I was in daze and I wanted to hit myself for being a big mouth, I shouldn't have asked in the first place. So I was literally standing there for a good 5 minutes... LOL...deciding whether I should buy it or not. Then I remembered I have a make-up artist friend who's a member of MUFE privilege club or whatever they call it! lol Tried my luck asking if I can get discount...and she SA said YES. (thanks to my big mouth)
I know there's nos. 1-5 available but there's not a lot choices available at the MUFE store here in the Philippines. This is exciting though, I got all the concealer shades I want! :D Yes including the weird orange-y one!
Let's start the ball rolling on the product review!!! Read on!
SwatchesMake Up Forever Camouflage Cream Palette says ---
The ultimate professional make-up tool. Skin tones are perfect for dark circles and uneven skin tone. Though it provides complete coverage, the texture is light, easy to blend, and won't irritate even the most sensitive skin.
Askmewhats says ---
- super creamy without being oily
- easy to blend
- does hide my undereye circles and blemishes
- very handy and easy to take along anywhere!
- does not crease
- no allergies
- this is perfect for make-up artist who does make-up on different skintones, you can mix and match concealers easily
- can be used to enhance eyeshadow colors :)
- When I first bought this, it's oily on the palette itself and it smells weird, when I wiped it cotton buds, the scent and the weird oiliness was gone. I guess they stocked this product for quite some time now :(
- Packaging, the OC-ness in me hates how messy it looks (LOL call me weird but I use cotton buds to clean the sides of the palette)
- quite pricey
- tricky to use, but can be a con if you like experimentation (like me)
- not a lot of product, some colors can be used up easily (in my case no. 1)
- Some of the shades are easily duped by NYX Concealer in a Jar (I compared these 2 because I have NYX Concealer in a Jar, there could be some cheaper alternatives out there which I haven't tried), but bottom line = DUPE-ABLE!
The texture felt like my NYX Concealer in a Jar and how inexpensive NYX concealer in a Jar! The problem is, NYX products are not available in the Philippines, but the creamy consistency and the way it can hide blemishes and undereye circles can be done using NYX! But, if you are a make-up artist or someone always on the go, this is very handy! Rather than bringing 2-3 concealers in a bag, this one fits any make-up bag as it's very sleek!
Texture comparison here
**click on enlarge
**click on enlarge
- If you are good in finding dupes for the colors, NYX Concealer in a Jar at Cherry Culture costs $5.00 (5.00 x 5 shades = $25.00) which means, NYX is way cheaper and you get a lot more product as Concealer in a JAR is bigger in grams.
- dab the concealer first using your ring finger before you slowly rub it out
- always remember to set the concealer with a powder
- A lot of readers ask about the usage of each. I've used this palette a couple of times mixing and matching and these are based on my experience and opinion only! If you have other ways to use this, do share! :D
BEFORE AND AFTER
Are you tired of my eyes now? lol
I ain't done yet!
I'll show you my chin! hahaha
Using no. 3 Green Concealer Used to hide redness
(perfect timing, I've got marks on my chin area)
Pat on the green concealer and slowly spread it out with your fingers or sponge
Final look, without any powder
Maybe, if I have the extra cash!
Where can you purchase and how much?
At Make-up Forever store, Shangri-la for Php1,600 (approx $34.00)
This is an all in one, review on the MUFE Camouflage palette
and also an answer to my reader's query a couple of week ago!
Nancy, this is how I apply my concealer, after I've done all of those,
I pat on powder to set everything!
Hope my review is helpful to people out there who plan to purchase this palette!