I've placed an order from HK Facial Shop and the product reached me around 2 weeks time or more. Not bad, and I have to blame our local postal service :)
Etude is a Korean brand. Sorry but their website is in Korean. They also have another line of cosmetics from same company called Etude House, the packaging of Etude House is pretty and more interesting as I guess they are targeting the "younger" generations (a.k.a. teenageers). While packaging of Etude is more on the "mature" side, I still find them cute for my taste.
The Etude Coverfit Two Way Cake Foundation is interesting because it's not overpriced and at the same time, it comes with a free refill. So I get a compact, and 2 Foundation! Not bad.
But is the product worth it? Read on for more details.
Etude Coverfit Two Way Cake says ---
Etude Coverfit Two Way Cake
It comes as a set: one case and two refills(sorry, this is all the information I got)
Askmewhats says ---
- a nice bundle of 1 compact with 2 foundation
- no allergies
- hygienic: has a nice plastic for the sponge not to come in contact with the foundation
- has light to medium coverage, which is good.
- gives out a natural look.
- not meant for dry skin, it flakes on me a bit
- has a mild scent: Con for people who doesn't like scented foundation (I don't mind the scent though)
- if you are looking for heavy coverage, this isn't the one. This is more of a light to medium coverage
- powder isn't as smooth as MAC SF Powder Foundation or P&J Dual Powder foundation
This isn't a bad product, but I'm sure there's a lot of better ones out there. I haven't tried this wet as I don't want to ruin the powder. Overall, this is best to be used as a setting powder. I think this will work better for people with oilier skin :)
- if you want to use this as setting powder, apply this powder foundation using a big fluffy brush instead so it won't cake on you
- if apply using a sponge, apply with a patting motion rather than a rubbing motion to prevent caking.
- if you use this wet, you have to use wet all the way, as it will ruin your pressed powder <--- applies even to eyeshadows.
No, I find this too drying for my dry skin :)
Where did I purchase and how much?
At HK Facial Shop for $24.99 (including shipping), which is approximately Php 1,200.
The packaging is made of plastic
I love that it has a cover
between the sponge and the foundation
Side by side with MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Bigger as seen on photo
In real life,
the plastic of Etude Coverfit is a bit cheap looking
Here's how the powder looks like in #21 Light Beige
As used on one side of my hand
It blends well on my skin
Coverage is light to medium
(you can click photo to enlarge)
I know not everyone can relate to my review here as Etude is not even available locally. But don't worry, I know I've said this before, if you want to try Korean Powder Foundation that works? Go for The Face Shop. I find the Powder Foundation from TFS is even better compared to Etude. That's my opinion though! :)
Have a wonderful day!