It's been awhile since my last episode of Q&A. I hope my answers are not too late! :)
"Which one is better? Ecotools Brush set or Charm Travel Set?"
If given the sufficient funds, both are useful! Both brush sets are different from each other. The Ecotools Brush set is perfect for natural loving makeup person while the Charm Travel Set is great for someone who really wants to fill in the brows, put on eye makeup, blush, eyeliner, etc! In short Charm travel set is more complete. I love both! :)
"How do you feel about studying at Basement Academy (BA)? Is it worth it? How's the experience? I really wanted to study makeup in beauty school"
Update (May 2012): A lot of you have been asking about my makeup teacher, her name is Cheryl Cabanos and she now owns her own makeup school called CCMA (Cheryl Cabanos Makeup Academy), feel free to contact her in this number 0905-358-8009. Trust me, she's the best teacher I've ever encountered and she shares a lot of her experiences as a professional makeup artist and wouldn't mind sharing a lot of her tips and tricks to her students! If you're a professional MUA, don't fret! She offers Advanced classes as well! :)
Studying at the Basement Academy (BA) is the best decision I've made. I chose the school not because of the schedule, I chose the school because of their friendliness, their passion for producing wonderful talents after the course. I will list down advantages and disadvantage...
- the school provides you models.
- you have chances to practice on different looks with different features, skin color, etc..
- friendly staffs
- the school interior is warm and cozy, great lighting suitable for makeup application.
- you can go back anytime for practice, you just have to pay for the models' fee.
- the teacher Ms. Cheryl Cabanos is the best teacher I've met! She gives honest feedback.
- the class is not time pressured, classes can go beyond schedule as long as the students understand the lesson for that day. My class starts at 6pm and supposed to end at 10pm but there were days we left the school at 12midnight!!!
- definitely not focused on lectures, there's a lot of practice going on!
- maximum number of students - 9. Teacher can focus on each student.
- location, not everybody is near Ortigas area
- finals, you don't have the chance to do 3-4 looks for finals due to time constraint! But again, you can always go back and request for a portfolio shot! (so this ain't a problem at all)
"How much cheaper is Shu Uemura in Hong Kong?"
Depending on the product you want to purchase, Shu Uemura products in HK are around Php50-100 cheaper, the Cleansing Oils area definitely a couple of hundred bucks cheaper.
"Is it ok to apply nail polish on top of rhinestones?"
Yes, it is actually better to apply CLEAR polish on top of rhinestones to make the rhinestones stay put! :D My rhinestones lasts for weeks!!! Or even months (if I don't remove them)
"Do we have NYX Cosmetics in the Philippines?"
We don't have NYX cosmetics available like Maybelline, L'oreal, Revlon booths. What we have are online resellers from Multiply who sells NYX best selling products.
"Can you recommend online sites for makeup who ships to the Philippines?"
You can check out the list on the lower right hand side of my blog called ASKMEWHATS SHOPPING. Those are some of the online sites I've shopped and had great experience with them. You have to keep in mind though that shopping online takes a lot of patience, most of the shipped items arrive really late due to our slow local post office, you also have to pick up the products yourself on most times and pay Php35.00 for it. There are moments where packages are lost or stolen. I am not stopping you from shopping online but I am giving you some hard facts so you won't feel disappointed with this whole online shopping experience :)
So sorry for the super late responses!
Thanks for the queries! :) I do appreciate receiving them
as I'll know how much you trust me! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!