Today is a blush day! I know I've talked about a couple of blushes in the past, and as you know, most of them are on "bronzey" shade or "peachy" shade. But what about the "Pink Ladies" out there?
You should know that I was a pink blush user and lover in the past, I may have steered away from the pinks, but of course! A girl is a girl! A girl needs variety! There are days and will always be days I would like to feel girly and romantic! And it's time that I share the pink blush I am using for the moment!
Maybelline's Clear Smooth Minerals
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Blush says ---
- Clear Smooth Minerals luminous blush is oil-free and fragrance free. Benefit: Never clogs pores, healthy color that is never fake.
- Micro-minerals have closer affinity to skin. Benefit: Natural flush of color that blends in skin tone.
- Kabuki brush is made of 100% natural bristles for flawless coverage and a natural looking finish.
(you can click to enlarge)
Askmewhats says ---
- affordable, as it goes with a nice cute kabuki brush
- pigmented and pretty
- no matter how much I apply, the color shows up but always came out natural to look at
- no allergies or cheek irritations
- because of the small kabuki brush that comes with it, I don't find application messy!
- lasts more than half a day, great for a mineral powder blush!
- packaged so well, I like it that everything was well thought of
- limited shades available
I seldom use mineral blushes because they seldom last on me! When Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals came out with a Luminous Blush, I was a bit hesitant as I thought it will be another mineral blush that would be left behind my makeup kit! I'm glad I'm wrong!
On days I want a pink blush, I reach out for my Gentle Pink shade! I like that the kabuki brush included isn't scratchy and I like it that the blush is so pigmented I only use a little and my cheeks are oh so "POW WOW WOW"!
- Maybelline counters go on sale for 20% on most of their products, do check out their sales and purchase their products while its cheaper!
- I use an angled brush to create a more structured/contoured look
- on days I want to have a natural flush, I use a big blush brush and apply it on the apples of my cheeks
- to make any powder blush last longer, apply a cream blush prior to powder blush application
- do not apply too much at once, try to pile on colors slowly!
- always step back to check on your blushes to make sure they match!
- accidentally applied too much blush? Don't fret! Use a bigger brush to brush off excess blush pigments
- still feels like a clown? Apply loose powder on the cheeks
Where to purchase and how much?
At Maybelline counters for Php499.00 (approx $10.20)
Check out the cute kabuki blush brush included and how soft it is! When I had a mini chitchat with Maybelline's Sr. Product Manager, Michelle Fernandez, she told me that she's proud about this line because the Kabuki brushes included are of good quality and they are made in Japan.
My Gentle Pink Luminous Blush Up Close
I find the overall packaging quite cute! It may look the same as most mineral makeup companies but the sifter sticker imprinted again with instructions, the right size of holes for the right amount of blush to come out each time you tap the blush on the cap and the cute cap...what's not to love?
Product swatched on hand
Dry and without base
Dry and without base
I know people hate rules when it comes to makeup, but I do like to follow a mini rule...pink blush for pink (or any close to pink) shade of lipsticks! Love the effect especially with dark eyes! :)
So, is this blush a yay or nay?