When I heard about BECCA Cosmetics and the range of products they offer. I can't help but rush to ADORA Greenbelt 5 to check out the products. The cream blushes caught my attention as I needed it both for myself and for wedding gigs or whatever gigs that needed great staying power for blushes!
Here's what I got to try!
Amaryllis is described to have
an authentic burnt rose hue
The ultimate blush! This highly pigmented formulation and silky-smooth texture melds into the skin for an incredibly natural, "just blushed" look. Layer for added drama.
Provides natural, radiant, long-lasting color to cheek, producing a radiant, healthy appearance
The highly pigmented, creamy formulation can be used to emulate the look of youthful skin and is good for most skin types (except very oily or blemished skin)
Contains anti-oxidant vitamin E
Preservative and paraben-free
Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Kaolin, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 CI 15850, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 40 CI 16035, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Red 36 CI 12085, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Mica].
Size: 3g/0.1 oz compact
- color stays the whole day
- has a tiny floral scent which is ok for me
- easy to blend
- creamy yet non oily
- non-drying too
- a tiny amount is needed for both cheeks, one pot lasts a long time!
- very pigmented
- packaging: made with good taste, has a mirror and protector
- multi-purpose: Can be used both for the cheeks and lips and lids (only if you have non oily lids or if lid primer is used) Non-drying on lips.
- packaging: a bit bulky to stack on train case if you're a makeup artist
- at first glance, the price tag is steep! (but this definitely goes a loooooonnnggg way!)
- if you have super oily cheeks, could oil up more, but please read tip below for super oily skin
- if you apply using your fingers, you have to wash your hands afterwards
Powder blush is still the way to go for daily blush usage but if you are a budding makeup artist or professional makeup artist, this is a wonderful addition to your makeup collection as I've tried using this Creme blush as a base to the powder blush, it lasts way longer and it looks very natural on photos! I will definitely be toting this around on all my gigs!
Personally, I love using this because it gives out a "natural flush" and it looks so natural that people can't tell you're wearing a blush, I've even tried taking photos up close and it doesn't look like I'm wearing any blush at all. If you love natural, barely there makeup look, this is very pretty. For darker skin tone, you may need to apply more to achieve the flush.
- Apply over liquid or creme based products (Luminous Skin Colour, Stick Foundation, Compact Concealer) and before setting with Fine Loose Finishing Powder.
- Can be used on the lips for a beautiful wash of colour.
- Using Creme Blush Brush #34, apply to the "apples" of the cheeks (the fatty part of the cheek where it is possible to pinch the flesh and where you would blush naturally).
- as recommended by Ms. Amanda of Becca, Turkish Rose or Amaryllis are 2 of the bestselling creme blush shades
- for dry skin: always moisturize your skin well and use the right kind of foundation for dry skin before applying this.
- for oily skin: use a good primer and moisturizer for oily skin. Always set this with a loose powder to prevent from oiling up
- apply in 2 ways: fingers or stippling brush
- if you are using this for clients or other people? Use the film/protector to grab a tiny amount of product so you don't contaminate the whole creme blush.
- if you prefer a natural flush, using this alone is ok, but if you want to give out an impact, top with a same shade of blush powder.
Will I repurchase?
No, not this shade. I will definitely check out other shades. Turkish rose (nudish rose shade) looks nice on tester!
Where to purchase and how much?
At BECCA counter ADORA, Greenbelt 5 for Php1,750 (approx $37.00)
Amaryllis Creme Blush
What makes you flush naturally?
Stay cheeky! :D