The quest for a good moisturizer for dry skin continuous, and I'm glad to share my journey with you! Body Lotions, Body Creams, I've tried....and now..there's Body Oil to give it a test!
Neutrogena Body Oil
Light Sesame Formula
Neutrogena Body Oil says ---
Experience Neutrogena Body Oil . Its light sesame formula glides on easily to moisturize dry skin. It's so sheer it vanishes into shower-damp skin leaving it soft and silky, with a radiant, healthy glow. No moisturizer can touch this experience.
Isopropyl Myristate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance.
AMW says ---
- moisturizing. Moisture stays longer than regular lotion
- doesn't feel greasy once absorbed
- smells really nice
- gives the skin a nice glow
- to people who hate the texture of oil, this is not for you
- I'd love to have it "housed" in a better packaging, the cap gets oily and product could easily spill
Though I have super dry skin, anything with "OIL" written on its packaging is a huge NO NO for me. I am allergic to anything OILY! And I am sure a lot of you feel the same. The first "oil" based product I've tried for my skin is the Johnson's Baby Oil Lite which I didn't use long enough. I really, seriously hate the feeling of oil no matter how "non-greasy" they claim to be.
So when I was given the chance to try the Neutrogena Body Oil, the first thing that attracted me is the scent! I've even given this a try when I know I'm not leaving home, I am THAT skeptical.
My skin hasn't improved overnight but it does give a nice "glow" and "moisture" my skin needs for the day! Crazy as it sounds, I do use this right after shower then add up with a body cream to further "seal in the moisture", and yes, I do that night time to wake up with baby soft skin! Wooppeee! Wanna touch? *winks* LOL
While skin is still damp, smooth on a few drops to help seal in moisture. Let your body dry naturally, or simply pat dry with a towel.
Or in the bath, add to water and soften your skin while you bathe.
- it seriously doesn't make a difference for me to apply this right after shower or not. I apply this prior to going out and let it absorbed into my skin first before sunscreen application
- gently massage this body oil onto the dry area, massage more if needed
- if your skin is extremely dry: apply this body oily right after shower, once absorbed, re-apply your favorite body lotion/cream
- do not forget to apply sunblock prior to going out
- store the product upright, as it could spill
Will I repurchase?Yes!
Where to purchase and how much?
You can purchase this for a cheaper price together with Neutrogena Fine Fairness UV Compact (at half its original price) for Php939.50 (approx $20.40)
Can be easily purchased at department stores or beauty stores.
A photo of skin
with and without Neutrogena Body Oil
No Photoshop, cropped photo as is
Have you tried body oil to moisturize your skin?
Game to try? Afraid to try?
Game to try? Afraid to try?