Funny how I'm addicted to nail polishes and never blog about the nail polish remover I've been using. I guess I've been using it for such a long time it felt like washing my face! *laughs*. For your information, I do have a preferred nail polish remover brand. And I discovered it when I went to Hong Kong a couple of years ago when I purchased this for it's size. I can't seem to find huge sized nail polish remover locally!
Orly Nail Lacquer Remover
16 FL Oz/480 ml
Orly says ---
- Perfect for natural nails
- non-drying formula
- no oily residue
- works instantly
Available in 2 variants
- Orly Gentle Formula Nail Polish Remover (in green) - Great for artificial nails. A non-acetone, non-oily formula that removes polish quickly and safely.
- Orly Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover (in blue) - Developed for natural nails, this salon-proven formula quickly removes polish.
IngredientsAcetone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Parfum/Fragrance, CI42090/Blue 1, CI 17200/Red 33, Citric Acid
AMW says ---
- does not have a strong acetone scent
- easily removes polish without wiping hard
- it shouldn't make a difference, but the color is quite nice to look at! LOL
- pricier as compared to local brands
- the huge 480ml size is not available locally
OverallI never thought the right type or kind of nail polish remover would make a huge difference in nail polish removing. I haven't tried a lot of brands but I've definitely used local brands as compared to this and I am obviously hooked to this as this is non-drying and doesn't leave a white "film" around my nails. I also like the fact that it doesn't make my nose suffer each time I remove my nail polish.
- I prefer using a cotton pad instead of cotton ball to remove nail polish
- Leave it for a couple of seconds before wiping gently
- Always keep the cap tightly closed when not in use.
- If you have an acetone pump, use a pump dispenser for easier polish removing (can be purchased at Prettynails' website)
Will I repurchase?Yes! I have backups and I need to repurchase. Anyone going to Hong Kong? lol
Where to purchase and how much?
The huge bottle I got from Sasa Hong Kong for HKD36.00 (approx Php216.00)
For Local Buyers:
Gentle Formula (16 oz) : Php 595.00
Gentle Formula (04 oz) : Php 179.75
Extra Strength (04 oz) : Php 179.75
Marrionnaud, First Aid Greenbelt, PCX (Rockwell, Ermita, ATC), Watsons (G5, Makati, Megamall Department Store, Ayala Cebu), Landmark - Trinoma, Caswell-Massey, Jesi Mendez (New World, Ermita, Park Square I, Tutuban), Chocolate (Trinoma), and Nail Tropics (Serendra and Eastwood)
*Thanks to Sprint Asia Marketing for the information on the prices above.
What's your favorite nail polish remover? Nail polish remover for me is an "unsung" hero! Not everyone gives it the time of the day but come to think of it, it's such a vital part of nail beautifying! :D