Yes people, I can be weak too! I gave in and bought my very own cute Beauty Blender! My excuse? It's available locally! I don't need to wait for months or pay a lot for shipping! :P
Beauty Blender says ---
The ultimate make up sponge applicator invented by top Hollywood make up artists Rea Ann Silva and Veronica Lorenz, Beautyblender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion. Silva and Lorenz know that the key to a perfect face is simple: a perfect blend. So forget your fingers or sharp-edged triangular sponges, these application methods waste make up and can leave visible streaks.
Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.
AMW says ---
- no weird scent
- feels so soft against skin
- blends makeup easily
- multifunctional, the wide bottom is used to apply foundation on larger areas while the tip is for the hard to reach areas
- no edges, so there's no streaks!
- does not soak up as much makeup as regular sponge, so saves on makeup!
- can be used wet or dry
- can lasts if you take care of it!
- I love the color!!!! --- It's PINK!
- on first 2 washes, Beauty Blender bleeds a bit of pink (but nothing serious, it's gone on 3rd wash)
- I don't own the case, so you need to store this in a clean area to prevent bacteria
- stain gets a bit difficult to remove
- for lazy people: you HAVE to wash this after every use! *evil laugh*
OverallFor liquid foundation, sponge-loving users out there! This is a great investment! It may look expensive at first glance but instead of buying those latex made sponges and throw them each and every uses, you can add up the expenses and purchase this instead!
I tried using this like a regular sponge application and the "bounce" technique, both give out great results, but the "bounce" technique gave a nicer and more even coverage! It takes a bit of time to get used to it, it gets easier with more practice.
Both cream and liquid foundation works with this sponge, again, the only downside for me is to wash this frequently.
Oh yeah, before I forget, the Beauty Blender increases it's size when wet! Dry size is approximately 2 inches and 3 inches when wet! Just saying... you know...li'l observant me! :)
- wash as often as possible to prevent bacteria from growing
- on cleansing: be careful not to over squeeze, be gentle!
- make sure the water runs clear to know the sponge is clean
- if you have a clear case that has a lid, store this in a clean case
- if you don't have a clear case, you can store this in a resealable bag
- to cover blemishes, use the tip to stipple onto the blemishes directly - this works like magic!
- use the base/wider area to bounce/stipple larger areas like your face, chin and forehead
- use the tip/narrow area for hard to reach areas like the sides of the nose, under the eyes and corners of the mouth!
- use damp/wet for sheer to medium coverage, use dry for heavier coverage
Will I repurchase?
Where to purchase and how much?
Locally, at HD Makeup Studio multiply site for Php1,200 (approx $26.08)
Here's a demo on how I use my Beauty Blender
I used The Skin Food White Grape Fresh Foundation, dab the bottom part of the sponge with your preferred foundation, I bounced/stipple it against my face
I use the tip of the sponge to dab the sponge on my undereye areas
Here's how it looks against skin, a bit dewy, you can set with powder
I'd say, if you own the Beauty Blender, go on and experiment with it! Try it wet, try it dry! Try the bounce method or apply foundation using downward strokes with the sponge.
I believe in testing any method and try to look what works best for you :)
Happy Monday! *blech* hahahaha
Happy Monday! *blech* hahahaha