I haven't been reviewing foundation recently so let me bring back the mojo! I want to thank my dear friend Zyra from down south for sending this to me! At first, I was a bit hesitant on how she knew my shade! Goodness gracious! She can be my personal shopper as she got it right on! :)
I will be reviewing a brand that I haven't been giving much attention, The Skin Food. I didn't even know they came out with White Grape Fresh Foundation! Do I like it? Is it worth the try? Read on.....
Skin Food White Grape Fresh Foundation says ---
This fresh make-up foundation for skincare contains white grape extract rich with various vitamins and polyphenol to make your skin more moisturized and healthier. It is applied smoothly and adheres well to your skin that you feel comfortable and light with make-up as if it were your own skin. Moreover, your make-up lasts longer owing to its sebum-control powder.
Available shades:No. 13 Light
No. 21 Light Beige
No. 23 Natural Beige
AMW says ---
- very light, no heavy feel
- gives out a natural "glow", skin looks healthy
- no allergies or skin reactions
- scent: is ok
- you can apply sheer or build up coverage
- it covers minor imperfections
- it dries up into a powdery finish
- packaging: cute and I love it that it comes with a pump
- manufactured date visible
- scent: could be overwhelming to some
- if you have really bad skin, a concealer is still needed
- limited shades, both shades work well for lighter skinned individuals.
- super oily skinned individuals: May need primer prior to foundation application
- I can't tell which shade I got as it wasn't written in the packaging
I heart this foundation. I have been using this consistently for the past 2 weeks and I like the fact that this foundation is non-drying and it lasts the whole day with super minimal retouching. The scent seriously was a bit overwhelming for me the first time I've used it, but I can easily get used to it right after.
Lightweight, natural glow is definitely 2 key points that made me sold to this foundation! Definitely a great foundation for daily use.
- pump 1x or 1.5x for the whole face
- you can use your "clean" fingers to apply, I prefer using my Dual Foundation Brush (either from Dollface or Essence of Beauty)
- oily skinned: needed primer to ensure not oiling up
- finish up with a setting powder
- if itchiness or signs of redness occur: STOP using the product immediately.
Will I repurchase?
Yes! For personal use and my colleague tested this on herself and she love this so much to want to purchase her own too!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Skin Food stores for Php1,150 (approx $25.00)
A closer look on the texture
Swabbed on hand with and without flash
The shade looks a bit different than my skin
But when blended well, it actually blends into my skin
Applied on face
No setting powder
Have you tried this?
Share your experience!
Share your experience!