First, second, third and many paycheck came and I didn't have the chance to purchase this because during those times, I can easily purchase a cheaper powder foundation that works A-okay. Funny how the universe have this magnetic field that FINALLY reunited me with a product that I've been longing to own!
Neutrogena Fine Fairness UV Compact
my teenage years CRUSH
Neutrogena Fine Fairness UV Compact says ---
This extraordinary powder formulation blends evenly with skin tone to hide imperfections for beautifully natural-looking coverage. Contains Vitamin C and Licorice Extract, plus sunscreens to help protect the skin against harmful UV rays and prevent the formation of sunspots. Immediately leaves your skin luminous and helps improve skin fairness every time you apply it. Hypo-allergenic. Fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic. Resistant to humidity, sweat and sebum (oil). Comes in Light Beige and Natural Beige shades.
Ingredients (click photo to enlarge)
AMW says ---
- dermatologist tested
- easy to blend
- non cakey
- I like the plastic cover that comes with the compact
- has SPF 15
- huge mirror
- does not have weird smell, there is a tiny hint of fresh scent
- does not feel heavy on face
- can be applied both ways for light to full coverage - wet or dry
- no allergies or skin irritations
- I've applied once in the morning and late afternoon, I find that the powder foundation is still intact
- the sponge that comes along with the product is good quality
- packaging! I don't like the long compact
- applying too much can make you look "powder-y" or unnatural
- dry skinned individuals: using this without moisturizing your skin may make your skin looks flakey
The Neutrogena Fine Fairness UV Compact has been around for years but I just managed to use one recently, I have used one in the past but ended up giving it to my mom as she likes it. I'm glad I reunited with this foundation again, it's not super cheap but its not expensive either, for its price, I like it that it's dual purpose. Can be applied both wet or dry. I personally prefer applying powder foundation dry because I hate the hassle, but with this, probably due to my dry skin, I prefer applying this by spritzing a bit of water on my sponge to dampen then gently apply my foundation with a light hand, the effect comes out more natural. For people who prefer the compact foundation that works yet doesn't cost too much, this works fine! I cannot say this is the BEST powder foundation out there but this baby has a lot to say!
- Apply with a water-moistened sponge for more complete coverage, or with dry sponge for a light matte finish.
- if the application turned out to be too unnatural or powdery looking, spritz your face with mist
- make sure to choose the right shade, this gives out a white cast on flash photography if you chose the wrong shade
- I personally s uggest if you plan to use this wet, use this wet ALL THE WAY or vice versa
- oilier skin may need to retouch but doesn't have to retouch many times.
- prefer even lighter coverage? Use a brush to apply this
- wash your sponge applicator at least once every 2 weeks, or better? once a week!
Will I repurchase?
Where to purchase and how much?
At any leading beauty stores or Neutrogena counters for approx Php700.00 (approx $15.00)
A closer look on Natural Beige #21
Applied on hand
Applied on skin, no base, no nothing
just pure foundation
Note: You can still see a bit of "redness" on my lip area as I applied this "dry"
either I conceal it first or apply the foundation wet for heavier coverage
It's a nice drugstore foundation that lives up to its promise of a good performance.
Worth to try for sure!