I want to thank my dearest friend for sending me this on my birthday! I have always wanted to try this.
Coffret D'Or Fluffy Shine Eyes says ---
An eyeshadow which gives your eyes the 3D effect with its brilliant quality color.
Available in 5 shades01 white
04 blue green
AMW says ---
- wonderful, luxurious packaging
- very light on skin
- dries up easily
- easy to blend
- does not crease
- works great as a base, can make your powdered shadow more vibrant
- no weird scent
- have to dip the product with your fingers, using a brush won't work due to its texture
- the shade is quite sheer so you have to build up the intensity
- some of the shimmer can transfer to other parts of your face
- looks very very shiny on flash camera
- not readily available
Base on research and further readings, the Coffre D'Or Fluffy Shine Eyes was released Autumn of 2008. Only 5 shades were released with "Pure Shine Pearls" which gives your eyeshadow a 3D effect depending on which angle you are looking at. Personally, I've seen a lot of similar packaging and concept from different Japanese and Korean brands. I admit, the packaging, the concept looks luxurious and I want to own it for the sake of having an aesthetically gorgeous product on top of my makeup table!
My final thoughts after using one, this is a great product if you are someone who likes shimmery eyeshadow. This products works alone and as an eyeshadow base to intensify your boring powder eyeshadow. The mousse-y texture makes it easy to blend and it dries up almost instantly!
The only problem is that, this was released a long time ago, I've done some research and seen ebay or some online sellers selling them but the prices are jacked up to $30 above and the retail price of this is only around $10-$15.
If you have someone to swap with, then go for it. To go through all the trouble to find this and pay for the high price? Not worth it.
- apply a similar shade of eyeshadow on top of this fluffy shine eyes to lessen the shimmer and intensify eyeshadow color, making it 3 dimensional
- use your clean fingers to gently apply this all over your lids
- always close the cap tightly after use
- if you want a sheer shade, gently blend out with short strokes
- press down the product directly onto the lid for a more pigmented shade
Will I repurchase?
No, I think this one pot is enough, I think this will dry up on me before I finish this up.
Where to purchase and how much?
I haven't checked local Kanebo counters, but online for approx $30.00+ (approx Php1,300+)
Coffret D'Or Fluffy Shine Eyes in 05The shade is purple with a bit of bluish undertone. This works well as a base for my purple eyeshadow and even pinks! I like applying this just on my crease area not going beyond the lid for a nice "shimmer" everytime I blink!
05 Purple on pot on swatched on hand without flash
You can't blame me for falling in love with this! Bling blings are girls' bestfriend!
Have you tried this? Or similar concept eyeshadow like these?