Happy morning everyone!
I like how the world is becoming such a "hi-tech" place! From computers to cameras to mobile phones to cars and now...make-up! There's oscillating mascaras, oscillating foundation, heated lash curler and there is such thing as Stamping Blush!
The event from The Body Shop that I recently attended, one "hi-tech" product (in my dictionary) caught my eye and I was too excited to bring it home and try it! It's The Body Shop's Kiss of Colour Cheek Blush!
TBS Kiss of Colour Cheek Blush says ---
Give cheeks a radiant, rosy tint of colour in an instant, thanks to the innovative blush tamp, easily portable for make-up application 'on the go'. The sponge applicator is coated in the pressed powder so it can be applied lightly to the cheeks for a fresh -faced glow. Cheeks look like they have been gently pinched by Mother Nature.
Available in two delectable shades ---Limited Edition 01 Vibrant Rose and 02 Golden Coral
**photo courtesy of TBS
The blush is stylishly presented in a fresh white pack with a handy mirror for making-up on the move. To help care for skin, the Cheeks Blush features moisturizing Community Trade sesame seed oil and Community Trade Brazil nut oil.
AMW says ---
- convenient to use, non-messy
- blush color is very pigmented
- I love it that the key ingredients include brazil nut oil and sesame oil, both helps soften and moisturizes the skin! Makeup that keeps your face healthy!
- easy to apply using the stamping method or even using your favorite blush brush
- a little goes a long way
- cute packaging
- the tiny mirror that goes with the packaging!
- has a faint "stationary" scent
- gives a nice natural glow, not too bright or over the top
- blush stays approximately 5-6 hours without cream blush, no retouch, which is actually impressive and good enough for a powder blush!
- cannot wash or disinfect the "stamping pad"
- the mirror is a fab idea but after carrying this around your kit, the mirror gets blurry because of scratches
- a bit pricey to some who doesn't have the budget
- limited edition! What if I want to repurchase???
OverallI know this idea isn't new, but an innovative blush WITH the added care for the skin is definitely a better choice for cosmetics! The Body Shop has always been a skincare brand for me so I don't have high expectations when it comes to their makeup line. This definitely came as a wonderful surprise! The Body Shop Kiss of Colour Cheek Blush is definitely a must for women on the go!
The color I chose Vibrant Pink is a very subtle light pink shade when applied lightly creates a naturally flush that comes from within. This is definitely a great addition to my "daily natural look".
Tipsfrom TBS make-up artist
- softly smile, then press Kiss of Colour onto the apples of your cheeks.
- using either your fingers or blusher brush, blend up and along your cheekbones
- to create a very subtle blush, stamp onto the apples of your cheeks gently and spread upwards
- to intensify the blush color, press the stamp further down (you can feel the spring pushed downward) and the color is more pigmented and gently blend outward and upward.
- if you prefer using your fingers to spread the color, make sure your fingers are clean
- apply a similar shade of cream blush prior to stamping for more intense blush shade and to make the blush color stays longer
- use a hot pink lipstick with this blush! Barbie doll inspired look!
- less is always more
- applied too much? Use your favorite powder foundation and brush it on top of the blush to lessen the color
Will I repurchase?Yes! I want the 02 Golden Coral shade before it runs out!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Body Shop stores for Php1,395 (approx $29.60)
Press and create a dot on each cheek
Please blend and do not leave looking like this! *hahaha*
Spread the color using your favorite kabuki brush or blush brushThis was the "Summer Ready" look I've done early this week
using TBS Colour Cheek Blush in Vibrant Pink
Hope my cheeky smile makes your day a happy one!