When ELF came out with the ELF Studio line, one product caught my attention and the packaging is just too cute to resist. It's the ELF Studio Creme Eyeliner! I got the 2 basic and boring shades --- The Brown and The Black. It's inexpensive, but the biggest question is....does it perform?
ELF Studio Creme Eyeliner says ---Creates smooth lines that are defined and precise. Smudge-proof, budge-proof and water-resistant coverage for all day wear to combat against, sweat, tears and rain!
Dip a thin brush into the formula, swirl around gently until brush is saturated with color. Swipe off any excess formula on the top edge of the pot. Trace a line along the top lash line from the inner corner towards the outer corner of the eye. If desired, apply on lower lash line as well. Remove with an oil based eye makeup remover.
Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).
AMW says ---
- creamy and easy to apply, no tugging of the lid area
- for the upper lash line: does not smudge, stays the whole day til I remove it at the end of the day
- water resistant
- no eye irritations
- very inexpensive
- one pot can last more than 6 months to a year even when used daily
- stays on my lid for the whole day even without eye primer
- nice packaging
- dries up quite fast, never experienced the liner transferring on my lids
- if you are into natural liner look, this works great as its not too dark nor heavy
- not difficult to take off with eye makeup remover as compared to other liners
- on the lower lash line: gone in less than 2 hours, smears a bit
- not available locally, have to purchase online
- if you are into dramatic eyeliner look, the "coffee" shade is not for you, need to re-apply 203 times to get the darkness you prefer
- as stated on PRO above, it has nice packaging but its not made of glass, so I'm not sure how soon this creme liner to dry up
Definitely worth the value! One of the most inexpensive creme liner I've tried and this works like crazy!
The shade "Coffee" is a perfect matte brown shade that does not have the "reddish" undertone in which other brown eyeliner gives. I love how it is a "creme" type but felt "mousse-y gel" in texture. This is great for daily use! The shades itself is in between sheer and dark, its just in between so the color comes out naturally, no wonder I reach out for this daily!
Once, I was telling a story to my colleague about some "emotional" issues in my life and the crybaby in me...cried! *hahaha* Seriously, the crying isn't intended for review but such great timing right? I have doubts and worries because it was the first time I'll be crying with my ELF Creme Eyeliner. When I got back to my seat, I checked my liner right away and my upper lash line liner is still intact and no smudging and smearing! But the liner on my lower lash line smeared a bit and the rest are gone! It didn't smudge really bad as compared to other gel liners! Nothing a cotton bud can't solve!
- Dip a thin brush into the formula, swirl around gently until brush is saturated with color.
- Swipe off any excess formula on the top edge of the pot.
- Trace a line along the top lash line from the inner corner towards the outer corner of the eye.
- If desired, apply on lower lash line as well. Remove with an oil based eye makeup remover.
- because the shade is not as dark as compared to other gel liners, the pigmentation is build-able so this can also be used as "smokey" eyeshadow base
- test on different eyeliner brushes to see which brush would be easiest for you to use, I prefer my stiff angled liner brush
- do you have very oily lids? Apply an eye primer prior to eyeliner and eyeshadow application
- do you have sensitive eyes? Steer clear on waterline application
- always close the cap tightly, it's not a problem with this as you'll hear the "click" sound
Will I repurchase?Yes! I plan to give away my ELF Studio Creme eyeliner in Black, but looks like I'm going to keep it for myself!
Where to purchase and how much?
I'm not sure where you can purchase ELF Studio line in your country but I purchased mine at The Makeup Mix Shop for $3.00 (approx Php138.00) + shipping.
Here are the swatches of ELF Studio Creme Eyeliner in Coffee
Applied with a slanted eyeliner brush swiped once, no base
Applied on the upper lashline winging it a bit!
Applied on the lower lashline as well
It is indeed water resistant
Smudging the liner while dry does not create smudges, but smudging the liner with water smudges the eyeliner. It's fine though, no one in the right mind would smudge the eye area as hard as I did!
Rubbing extra hard, the eyeliner goes invisible rather than looking dirty on skin
Have a wonderful smudge-free liner day!