I haven't been a gloss person for the longest time because I have been sporting a natural lipstick look. But the nice natural lips always turn into a parched-land! Definitely a turn off right? So a gloss is definitely needed to save me from embarrassment!
When The Body Shop came out with a gloss called The Love Gloss, I can't resist, such a cute name, with cute packaging! Judging by the look of the packaging, it feels like Valentine's Day over again!
The Body Shop Love Gloss says ---
Best if you want to create alluring lips with brilliant color and shine. Best for all skin tones.
What this is designed to do:
- The specially designed heart-shaped brush has a reservoir that stores the gloss during application for an even layer of shiny color.
- Organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community Trade coconut oil softens and conditions skin.
- Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, leaving skin soft and silky smooth.
Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Trihydroxystearin, Acrylates Copolymer, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Talc, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Flavor, Tin Oxide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 6, Blue 1 Lake].
AMW says ---
- good staying power
- after the "super shine" fades, the lips ended up looking still moisturized!
- nice doe-shape (almost heart shape) applicator
- applicator is easy to clean or wipe as it's not too thick
- fool proof lip applicator, it'll be hard to mess up with this easy-to-apply applicator!
- very shiny yet natural looking, like you just licked your lips (sexy!)
- the more I use this, I actually felt my lips getting a bit softer and moisturized!
- others may not find this a con but I don't like the fruity scent, it smells like mango, pineapple...fruit salad? *hahaha* I swear, others like this scent, I just don't! :)
If you are on a look out of a gloss that's non-sticky, moisturizes the lips and lasts, this is the one! Gives a nice three dimensional look on a boring matte lipstick.
- always remember to exfoliate your lips once to twice a week for softer, more supple lips
- top this over your favorite lipstick for a nice, healthy shine
- wipe the wand after every use
- never share this gloss with anybody else, use a disposable lip brush or wand if sharing is needed :P
Yes! In other shades!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local The Body Shop stores for Php650.00 (approx $14.13)
Easy to apply on lips with the heart shaped applicator
Applied on lips without lipstick or lip balm
Sorry, my lips are naturally pigmented,
but this gloss is definitely clear :P
Have a wonderful lip smacking Saturday!!!
I'll be off to prettify someone today! So excited!