Brush cleansing, if I may stress *in preachy voice* is very important. It's like taking a shower, washing your face, washing your hands! It's second nature!
Most of the time, I make my own "home made brush cleanser" so you won't hear me complain about it! Recently though, I have stopped making them because I finished up one of the ingredient to make my own brush cleanser, the dish washing liquid with conditioner (which can only be bought at a certain grocery store). Thank goodness a dear friend Steph told me about this brush cleaner they are carrying and she was raving about it and I told myself I have to check this out and experience this first hand, because, there won't be enough brush cleansers for me! The OC-me!
HD Makeup Studio, the Philippine Dealer of Graftobian Hi-Definition Cosmetics, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) and NYX cosmetics, also carry their own brush cleanser. First reaction? It's pink and it smells great! But let me go beyond that....
HD Makeup Studio
Quick Drying Professional Brush
HD Makeup Studio Brush Cleanser says ---
- Fastest drying brush and tool cleaner in the market.
- Spray on brush and tool directly. No need for cleaning jar.
- Kills 99% of germs and bacteria.
- Unlike water-based cleaners, will not damage the wooden handles of your brushes.
AMW says ---
- available locally
- very easy to use
- smells wonderful
- dries really fast
- does not dry up my brush bristles
- works for both natural and synthetic brushes
- looks and feels clean
- no sticky residue
- no alcohol scent
- straightforward packaging
- not readily available internationally
- you may finish this bottle really fast as spritzing is addicting!
- the letters printed on the sticker disappears after several usage! Be careful not to mistake this as a facial mist!
I actually like it! It smells really great and spritzing this in front of a client does not scare them because there's no alcohol scent. HD makeup says this is the fastest drying brush and tool cleaner in the market, I can't vouch on that as I haven't tried a lot! But this definitely dries pretty quickly, quicker than my home made brush cleaner. Another good side on this is that clients appreciate it that I disinfect brushes in between usage. I always get the "wow, that smells good" line, and it felt good to hear it, although they weren't referring about me! *hahaha*
You have to bear in mind though that owning this HD Makeup Brush Cleaner Sanitizer does not mean that you skip the weekly deep cleansing! No...No...No! and .... NO!
- to help save the environment, purchase a soft cloth specifically for brush cleansing instead of using a tissue paper
- the HD Makeup Studio Quick Drying Brush Cleaner Sanitizer can also be used to sanitize makeup tools like eyelash curler, tweezers, mixing plates etc...
- never forget to deep cleanse your brushes at least once a week, never rely on this, it is NOT enough
- spritz approximately 2 times for regular brushes, spritz 3-4 times for bigger brushes
- gently wipe it back and forth against a soft cotton cloth or towel
Will I repurchase?Yes
Where to purchase and how much?
At HD Makeup Professional multiply store for Php300 (approx $6.50) for 150ml.
Here are some samples of the brushes cleanse using HD Makeup Quick Drying Brush Cleaner (note from author: A paper napkin was used in this post for visual purposes, author uses a towel all the time to protect the environment)
Gel Liner brush
Several spritz are needed to remove more
It's getting fun to clean my brushes! Thanks to companies who are coming up with good products!
What's your favorite brush cleanser at the moment?