The brand isn't new to me, I've tried their "leg soothing gel" way back early 2000. I remembered my bonding moment with my sister at Manila Midtown Hotel (currently non-existent) as we massaged each others legs with soothing gel as we cried over romantic Chinese movie! It was "Love on a Diet" by Andy Lau! :P
I am not afraid to try this brand because it has been around quite some time, a bad product wouldn't survive this long!
Chocolate Mud Masque says ---
Add this to your list of guilty pleasures: Chocolate in the middle of a busy buzz! Excuse yourself to the ladies' or lock that office door for the most inspired and inspiring calorie-free perker-upper: Montagne Jeunesse' Chocolate Mud Masque. Smooth it on, relax and come out smelling like...chocolate (dewy-faced too)!
Other Variants available:
Peach Kernels & Walnut Exfoliating Mask - exfoliates and brightens up skin.
Aloe Vera & Green Tea Face Tonic - softens the skin and protects it from oxidative damage
Dead Sea Mud Pack - cleans deeply and nourishes with seaweed and minerals from the Dead Sea, with a hint of lavender.
Aromatherapy Masque - is a good choice to calm your skin after a day in the sun or a particularly stressful activity.
AMW says ---
- easy to apply, spreads easily
- has real chocolate scent!
- makes my skin super soft! Even days after!
- instantly brightened my skin!
- face smells so good even after washing, hubby was sniffing my face like a dog as he's a chocolate lover :P
- enough product for the face and neck
- easy "tear open" packaging
- check out the ingredients as you can be allergic to it (please read my experience on Overall)
OverallThe first time I've tried this product, it was a great experience and I told myself I will follow the 20minutes rule. On the 20th minute, I got a call from my brother and we were blabbing away as I felt the masque harden. On the 40th minute, I washed my face and everything was great until I felt the itchiness and rashes occur. (Photo below)
I told myself I will give this product another try so I repurchased and this time, followed the 20minute mask rule. I was a bit scared this time as I don't want the rashes to happen again. So far..it turned out ok. I think my face was a bit surprised that time with the ingredients of the mask plus the fact that I left it overtime. Here's my skin after the second mud pack.
Moral Lesson: No matter how great a product is, precaution is still advised. If you have very sensitive skin, do test the product at the back of your ear or your wrist area leaving it for 20minutes prior to putting them on your face.
I'm glad I gave this product a second try, I've learned to take extra precaution as my skin is very sensitive to new products. My overall insight of the product, aside from the first rash experience, the next experience was really good. My skin after the wash felt really soft which lasted for 3-4 days and my skin instantly brightened up! Even without moisturizer or makeup!
- do not prolong the product on your face, the product states 20minutes, follow it!
- do not wear white clothing when using this masque as it will definitely make your clothes look dirty!
- close your eyes and relax, no point in walking around doing household chores with the scary face. I have to follow my own tip, I did scare everyone inside the household for fun! :P
- wash the masque with lukewarm water, gently remove it, never rub hard
- test the product at the back of your ear or the wrist for 20minutes prior to applying it on your face to make sure you're not allergic to the product
- try not to use a lot of new products on your face in a day or week! Let your skin breathe.
- do the masque application with your friends or loved ones! The more, the merrier!
Will I repurchase?Other variants..yes!
Where to purchase and how much?Available at Watson's, Landmark department stores, Gaisano Metro Group, Gaisano Regional for Php77.77 (approx $1.70)
The amount of product per pack
For the positive minded person: this looks like yummy chocolate
for the negative minded person: I don't need to say it! hahahahah
I seriously can't help laughing!
My teeth looks really white!
Gotta have Hello Panda because the chocolate scent
made me crave for..Chocolates!
Here's my skin after washing the Chocolate Masque off, no Photoshop, no flash. See the "brightening" effect I was telling you about? Plus my skin is super soft! If not because of the first-time rashes, this could be a HG (holy grail) face mask for me!
Ohhh, at least, I know how I'll look like when I stayed 24 hours in the sun without sunblock! hahaha I still look ok right? Pretty please say yes??? :P
Have a wonderful weekend! I hope you enjoyed laughing at my photo and I succeeded in making you feel good :)