Ironically, as a makeup artist, I don't bring a lot of makeup and my friends can vouch on that. I like bringing the staples and that includes powder, lip balm and lipstick! I always tend to eat my lipstick when I eat and drink and I find myself re-applying lipstick as often as I re-apply my lip balm.
When I bid goodbye to the lip glosses I love during summer, I was on a hunt for moisturizing lipsticks that has good color payoff and of course, wide range of shades! Thanks to Revlon I got to meet Colorburts Lipsticks! Just to name, brings out a huge sunshine-y smile from yours truly.
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Army
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick says ---
- Innovative pigments provide immediate, high-pigment color release on lips to give rich color in just one swipe
- Unique Elasticolor technology hugs lips with an explosion of color that feels virtually weightless
- Contains film-forming polymers for longer wear and skin conditioning properties
- Moisturizers and anti-oxidants, including Sweet Almond Oil, improve lip texture
- Beautiful packaging, with premium bullet lipstick case and embossed Revlon logo on bullet
- pigmentation is great
- very moisturizing
- consistent texture on all 4 shades
- glides on smoothly on lips
- chic packaging, love that the shade of the lipstick is easily seen on packaging
- no weird scent
- not too matte nor shimmery, just right
- does not feel heavy on lips
- the color lasts for more than 4 hours, if you eat and drink, will last approximately an hour or more
- does not cause lips to bleed or flake
- all the shades available are super wearable
- for drugstore brand, people may find this pricey, but in my opinion, for it's high quality, it's considered inexpensive as compared to higher ended brands which can dry up my lips
This is the ONLY lipstick I can apply on bare lips! Even if my lips are super dry, applying this on dry lips actually moisturize it! The shades available are really pretty and pigmented and I don't have problems re-applying this in the middle of the day as it feels like a lipstick with "boombastic" moisture! <--- now that's a crazy adjective, but hey, you get the drift! Imagine lip tint with heavier coverage! Great job Revlon, I wish you'll create more lipstick like these!
- apply directly to lips for beautiful, high-impact color in one swipe
- can be worn with ColorStay lipliner for further definition
- if your lips are super dry, always prep your lips with lip balm prior to lipstick application
- pat your lips with tissue if you have lip balm on to prevent lipstick from sliding off easily
- top Revlon Colorburst lipstick with a lip gloss of your choice for a nice, glossy finish
- use a lip brush or lip pencil for more precise application
- use a cotton bud to wipe excess lipstick for a prettier pout
- if you want a matte finish, apply first layer of Revlon Colorburst Lipstick, press with tissue paper, re-apply 2nd layer, then repeat the step until the shine is gone
- be always on the lookout for sales, they do have it once in awhile
Will I repurchase?
Defintely! I'll hunt down the rest of the shades
Where to purchase and how much?
At leading retailers for Php575.00 (approx $12.50)
Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks named
in both numbers and shade names
in both numbers and shade names
Swatch on hand
Above - Without Flash
Below - With flash
L-R Peach, Soft Rose, Plum and Carnation
The lightest of all 4 shades. It came out a bit sheer because the original pigmentation of my lips are a bit on the darker side. Gives out a nice sheen of peachy shade.
Matches almost my lip color. Soft Rose was said to be the dupe of Nars Dolce Vita. I swiped Nars Dolce Vita before when I visited the counter and I agree
This lip color is definitely NOT my personality but it would be fun to sport this lip color when I'm off for a night out. I call this the "true blood" color!
Very cute pink shade that reminded me of my MAC Pink Nouveau. It's pink on the blue tone side and the only difference between this and MAC's is the "sheen" that Revlon lipstick has as MAC's Pink Nouveau is on the matte side.
Tired of my lips yet? Well I am! My "tired" lips are singing praises for these new found lipstick love! I can't wait to hunt down more lipstick brands that does the job!
Now give me a "smack" for the lip swatches!
(Note from Author: Products are sent by company for review purposes. The writer did not and will never receive any kind or form of payment for positive reviews. The review has been done based on personal experiences. Please purchase at your own discretion.)