Remember 2 Eureka Moments for Maybelline's ColorSensational Moisture Extreme Lipcolor? If you can't, here's a flashback.
This lipstick line from Maybelline impressed me so much I have to own a shade or orange and a shade or brown! After using and testing on all 4 shades. I am ready to share to you my 2 cents on these lipstick army!
Maybelline ColorSensational Moisture Extreme Color says ---
Active power of a lip balm provides deep moisturization for voluptuous lips drenched in color.
- various shades to complement all skin tones
- non-feathering and non-bleeding
- SPF 15 protection
AMW says ---
- has a lot of color choices, choose at least 3-4 variants for each shade (reds, oranges, pinks and browns/neutrals)
- packaging is the same color as the lipstick which I find it easier to pick up in a lipstick case
- very pigmented, one swipe is enough
- doesn't flake throughout the day
- can be applied even on bare, non moisturized lips
- glides on easily as texture is quite creamy
- no weird scent
- if you're into matte lipstick, this is not the one (read on tips on how to make this lipstick matte-looking)
- if lips are extremely dry (super dry), lines can still show so a nice lip gloss or prepping your lips is recommended.
If you want to choose between shades and doesn't want to spend too much? This is the best Maybelline lipstick I've tried to date. I've tried a couple of their other lines but they ended up dry and flakey on my lips! With this ColorSensational Moisture Extreme Lipcolor, I can sometimes be lazy in lipbalm application and apply this directly on my lips without worrying about flaking!
- Apply your lipstick by starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Repeat the technique on your lower lip.
- if your lips are extremely dry, always prep your lips with your favorite lip balm or moisturizer before lipstick application
- dab your lips gently after lip balm application to prevent lipstick from sliding
- you want a matte lipstick look? Gently pat on loose powder onto lips dusting off excess to minimize shine
- want a glossy finish? Apply a clear gloss or a lip gloss shade close to the lip color after lipstick application for that instant shine
- always store your lipsticks in cool, dry place to prevent lipstick meltdown
- if you want your lipstick to last longer: apply first layer of lipstick and blot off excess on tissue, redo the steps 2 to 3 times depending on your preference.
- if you're using a dark lipstick shade: put your finger in your mouth and close your lips over it. Then slowly
pull it out. This will prevent lipstick from getting on your teeth.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php299.00 (approx $6.50).
Here are the 4 star shades I currently own
Top to bottom: Summer Sunset, Coral Sunrise,
Bonbon Pink and Toffee Cream
Deep red reminded me of a "deep red wine" lipstick! This is not too bright but red enough to give a nice statement. Can be worn both day and night.
Can look pretty "orange" on tube but when applied on lips, it looks quite natural. Applied with light hand gives out a natural flush of color while applied heavily gives a nice coral peach lips!
Looks "cotton candy-ish". A bluish toned pink that gives out a nice gloss on lips minus the brightness.
Warm caramel shade that gives a nice warm toffee brown shade on lips.