Remember the last time I was complaining how we did not have electricity and water for 3 days? Me and hubby cannot survive the third day without electricity and we have to go to work the next day! Late at night, around 9:00pm, we've decided to hunt for a place to stay that's inexpensive as we only need to sleep and take a shower! I have to wake up at 5:00am the next day so I don't need a 5 star hotel as I won't be enjoying whatever amenities the hotel can offer.
We drove around the Metro in search for a decently priced hotel! Thanks to my friend Jals who told me about this hotel her dad used to stay on business trips, we've decided to give this hotel a look as we've seen enough old and dirty hotel!
Thank goodness Contemporary Hotel passed our tastes.
The Contemporary Hotel says ---
Situated in the heart of Quezon City, The Contemporary Hotel is conveniently located in business commercial district of Manila. All guestrooms and suits are equipped with modern amenities for guests’ comfort. This hotel is perfect for guests looking for excellent location, friendly services and a great value for money.
Checkout time: 11:00am
No. of floors: 3
No of rooms: 87
Year Hotel Built: 1999
Year Hotel Last Renovated: 2009
AMW says ---Pros
- Hotel room is clean
- Has airport transfer service for our friends who needed to go to the airport
- Inexpensive room rate
- If breakfast is not included in the room rate, additional charge is inexpensive, around Php150.00 (approx $4.00)
- Includes smoking and non-smoking room
- Has free WIFI internet at the lobby
- Bed is big and quite comfortable
- Television has cable channels
- Has desk for yo to work with your laptop or other stuffs
- Hot and Cold shower
- Contain towels, soaps and shampoos
- Room has enough plug (220v)
- Has ample parking space at the back
- Has swimming pool
- Walking distance to several restaurants and SM Sta. Mesa Mall
- Friendly and helpful staffs
- The hotel is right next to the Funeral parlor. It's not that freaky promise!
- Those who loves the view, this hotel does not have a good view!
- Only 1 restaurant inside the hotel
- The hotel lobby is quite dark and a lot of mosquitoes! You need to wear pants when you plan to stay there to use their free WIFI
- No WIFI inside the room
- No elevators, so this is not recommended for old people who have a hard time walking. Hallways are quite far
- The hotel is not located in the center of a business district (for those who need to travel to work)
One of the most inexpensive hotel that fits our standards. Do not expect too much for the price but you will be surprised how some hotels who have the same rate look. I love the fact that they just renovated the hotel last year. I used to have a hard time sleeping in a hotel bed but I don't have issues on this one! I found this place to be a gem hidden within the Metro. If there are any blackouts in the future (I pray not!), I will be going back to this hotel for sure!
Do I recommend this to friends?
How much per night?
Php1,800 (approx $40.00) per night without breakfast for Deluxe Room (choice of twin bed or double bed)
Here's to show you to look inside the room
Quite spacious and modern
The Shower Room, quite clean and
I love the fact that they use white light in here!
The pool area, I grabbed this photo on the internet!
The Contemporary Hotel
8 G. Araneta Avenue, Quezon City
tel. no.: 632-910-4203 upto 05
Do you have a backup hotel place to stay just in case you can't sleep inside your own home? Well, better yet, sleepover in a friend's house! That's even better! *laughs*