Happy Monday everyone! My weekend was full blast but things never change! It has always been that way and I guess it's part of me! I am just so energized I can't stay put!
Let me share to you a bit about my mom's case, after the "not so successful" surgery (Gallbladder Stones), she suffered a couple of setbacks and one of them is the clogging of her varicose veins probably from the Potassium (K) that was injected to her a couple of times to make her stay awake. Of course I'll choose having "clogged veins" rather than losing her life but, can I choose not to have both?
It's not my choice though so I chose to dealt with it! I took her to a specialist for veins and it was 6 months long treatment! She had to take medication, not eat anything "green", be injected (by yours truly) with blood "thinning" agent and wear compression stockings. It was only a small part of the "hell" we've been through, and it was last year....
And her veins today are better! She has to wear a certain size of compression stockings for life and it was difficult seeing her irritated scratching her legs. Each time I visit her and check on her legs, it was all horrible from the scratches and I've decided to check with the doctor. We were advised to purchase a lotion that moisturizes the "leg area" for 24 hours. I went ahead and purchased a couple and I was keeping my eyes open for better alternatives.
When I got this lotion, I gave it to my mom right away....
Jergens Naturals Renew Daily Moisturizer
Renew Daily Moisturizer says ---Renew Daily Moisturizer reinvigorates skin with a blend of potent antioxidants and moisturizers that smooth and rejuvenate, returning it to a state of pure, healthy softness.
- Grapeseed oil - relieves distressed skin and boosts its natural barrier.
- Blueberry extract - a powerful source of antioxidants
- Pomegranate extract - antioxidant that combats skin-damaging elements that promote aging.
Available in: Hydrate Daily Moisturizer, Renew Daily Moisturizer, Soothe Daily Moisturizer and Referesh Daily Moisturizer.
Made in the USA
AMW says ---Pros
- The twist cap that means product is fresh and new
- The pump dispenser makes application a breeze
- Skin feels soft and supple
- My mom's skin does not dry up or flake like before
- Scent is faint and very relaxing
- No animal by-products
- Paraben Free
- Dermatologists tested
- Quite huge to tote along
- If you are into multi-functional product, this is not for you as this does not contain any SPF
This moisturizer works! Heard no complaints from mom on itchy legs due to dryness from the Compression Stockings! I am just starting to use this as well and my skin is less flaky! Minimal flakiness is still there after several hours but I'll have to use this for prolong period of time to see the effects.
- Perfect to be applied both day and night.
- Apply ample amount on each area (legs, arms, back, etc...) Do not scrimp on lotion application.
- You can use this to apply on your heels for softer feet in the morning! Wear socks at night!
- If irritations still occur, STOP product usage immediately.
- If rashes occur, consult a doctor and check on the ingredients that you could be allergic to!
- Store in cool, dry place! Never place this on direct sunlight.
- Always check on expiration dates, never use expired products especially on products that absorbs into your skin.
Yes! I purchased another one for myself!
To whom do I recommend this to
Anyone who has sensitive skin and wants the "boost of moisture" for prolong period of time minus the sticky feel.
Where to purchase and how much?
At selected department stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, health & beauty stores for Php449.50 (approx $10.70). For more updates, you can visit their FB page "Jergens Moisturizers in the Philippines"
You can click photo to enlarge and see other ingredients
Glad to have found something for my mom that works. It's actually part of her morning routine before she wear her stockings!
Have you seen this product around?
Note from author: Product was sent for review purposes. Author will not accept payments for POSITIVE reviews. All reviews are based on personal experiences, please purchase at your own discretion.)