I got this as a gift from Digital Traincase for quite sometime, I've used this lipstick once on regular days and I left it inside the lipstick case for the longest time because I find myself looking "sick" wearing this shade of pink!
Once I was in the mood to create a dark smokey eyed makeup and I've decided to give this lip color another try! Lo and Behold, it was the best "frosted" pink lipstick to give a nice contrast on my smokey eyes!
I've got a lot of reader query asking me about the nice pink lipstick and this is definitely part of the list! This is again, too light on dark, pigmented lips like mine but it works great masking the darkness and mimics a pale lip color that's perfect for dark looking eyes!
NYX Acapulco Lipstick costs a bit more expensive than NYX Round lipstick but this shade is quite unique for Php350.00 (approx $8.30), not bad!
Tip on pale lipstick application:
- Moisturize the lips very well with your preferred lip balm or petroleum jelly a couple of minutes prior to the lipstick application.
- Blot excess moisture with a tissue paper prior to lipstick application to prevent it from sliding off.
- After first layer application, smack the back of your hand as the "warmth" of your hands can make the lipstick last longer.
- Re-apply 2nd layer of lipstick until desired result.
- If lips are extra dry, you can choose for glossy pale lips by applying a moisturizing clear gloss on top of the lip color using a lip brush!
I will be posting an AMW Version soon using this lipstick! You can also wear this on non-smokey eyes! Hint: Something Sweet and Romantic!
What's your favorite Pink Lipstick for your Smokey Eye Makeup?