The product review I will be doing today will bring back good 'ol memories to a lot of us! From our grand mommies to mommies, aunties then to us and probably to our future daughters!
Most of us probably have seen the glass jar on top of our mom's dresser and a chunk of us probably have opened this glass jar and took a sniff (several times). I have to admit, I've done this so much! Told you, I'm a curious cat!
Funny how we easily forget the "Classic Cleanser" and veer into trendy cleansers nowadays and forget all about products that works for the longest time! Today, I am taking you back old memory lane with a product review for a makeup cleanser that was made available way before we were born!
Pond's Perfect Care Cold Cream says ---
Rich cream cleanser with a time-tested formula cleans deep down without drying your skin, for beautiful results every time.
Gentle yet effective deep cleansing action removes hidden dirt and make-up, even stubborn waterproof mascara. Its special blend of ingredients softens as it cleanses in one simple step so your skin feels smooth and radiantly clean and never tight or dry.
- moisturizes as it cleanses
- won't clog pores
AMW says ---Pros
- Does not break me out
- Does not feel greasy after wiping it off with a cotton sheet or pad
- Consistency starts off a bit thick but after gentle massage, it goes off like "liquid", making it easily to blend in with makeup and dirt for easy removal.
- Works for most skin
- Works for most type of makeup, can remove some traces of mascara and liners.
- Multi-functional: I can even use this to remove my lip product, wash it off with water though.
- Skin feels soft afterwards, dryness lessened dramatically
- I personally try not to use this near my eye area but for the sake of review, I've used this to remove my eye makeup and it does not sting or burn my eyes.
- No disgusting or strong scent, just right.
- Very affordable
- Not really a con, but I do miss the glass jar!
- A bit hassle to dip my fingers especially with long fingernails!
- May not work for people with super sensitive skin. (due to the oil and scent)
For dry skin individuals, this is NOT enough to moisturize your skin but it's enough to make you remove makeup without drying it! For oily skin, it does not get that oily that can irritate you. The Pond's Cold Cream feels light on skin and it's a product I call "Cleanses and Moisturizes" at the same time!
- Use a spatula (clean gelatin or yoghurt spoons) to grab on product for hygiene purposes.
- Some people prefer to cleanse face first before using this product as this serves as their moisturizer too. I, on the other hand, prefer to use this first prior to cleansing my face because I like to use a separate moisturizer.
- Massage product gently with your fingers to soften up makeup for easy removal!
- Use a soft cotton cloth or pad, wipe gently!
- I suggest to use a wash cloth in wiping the product off rather than cotton (to save environment) and a damp one would work better! No need to pull the skin.
- Want to use this as eye makeup remover? Dip a clean cotton bud in the jar and gently remove eye liner and mascara. Never dip the dirty cotton tip again!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone can give this a try as its inexpensive anyways. In my opinion, this works best on normal and dry skin!
Where to purchase and how much?
At leading groceries, drugstore and department stores for approximately Php100.00 ($4.50)
On regular working days, I don't wear a lot of makeup but it's nice to remove even the tiniest amount of makeup the right way. Dotted areas of my face with Pond's Cold Cream as shown on photo below. You can opt to do it with a small! :)
Gently massage your face for a good 3-5 minutes, adding more
if you applied more makeup or even on drier areas.
Wiped product off with
I actually spritz the cotton cloth with water
Voila! Eyebrow pencil, powder foundation,
mascara and eyeliner gently removed!
Want some? :P *eeeekk*
Want some? :P *eeeekk*
I feel ashamed for using it just now!
As the cliche go, "It's better late than never!"