I have so many requests on the new Maybelline BB Cream. To be honest, I have it in my stash for quite some time, well, gazillion years to be exact, but I just cannot put it to test. Why? Well, the shade just doesn't seem right on me! After constant requests from dear readers, I've finally used this and found ways to really use this outside the comfort of my home!
"Malakas kayo sa akin!" (Indirect translation: You guys are super important to me and I'll try to do my best in helping you guys out) <--- hmm, that seems way longer than expected! *lol*
Finally, my thoughts on one of the most inexpensive BB Cream to date....
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals
Instant Skin Perfecting BB Cream
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream says ---
The Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB cream moisturizes, protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB with its SPF26 PA++ sun protection. It has an oil-free formula and relies on 8 minerals to rejuvenate the skin.
AMW says ---Pros
- Simple yet effective packaging! Best BB cream packaging is the squeezy-type tube as you can squeeze out product until the last drop!
- No weird smell.
- Very inexpensive!
- Gives light to medium coverage
- Great in covering redness or skin discoloration.
- Gives a slight "Brightening" effect.
- Controls the oil especially on the sides of my nose!
- For matte lovers out there, this BB cream gives a nice matte finish!
- Lacks the range of shades we all want.
- A bit watery in texture which makes it a bit messy if you accidentally squeezed a lot!
- Does not have as many functions as other BB creams in the market but what the heck? This is super inexpensive!
- Not moisturizing enough especially for dryer skin individuals like myself. (click photo to enlarge to see dry spots, note that I did not moisturize just for the sake of review)
- Will create "white cast" on photos if applied too much! (so be very careful!)
- Not readily available for our non-Asian countries friends!
For someone who wants to try BB cream minus the hefty price and to some, the long wait of online shopping, this is a good product to start with. A good BB Cream if you are looking for light coverage and covers facial redness! I find this works best on Normal and Oily skin! Dry skin like myself can still use this but it pays to moisturize the skin first prior to BB cream application!
- Separate moisturizer is needed prior to this BB cream application if your skin tends to get dry.
- If you think Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB cream works for you but only the shade is not right for you, I suggest you practice on piling up a thin layer onto face and layer with a powder foundation to "correct" the shade. (Use lighter foundation if the BB cream is too dark on you, use darker foundation if the BB cream is too light on you)
- Carefully squeeze a tiny amount of product to start with.
- Use clean fingers and warm up the BB cream on your hand before you apply it on your face.
- You can choose to use a stippling brush if you don't want to over apply!
- Do not panic if you look grayish right after application, wait a couple of minutes by doing other stuffs (ex. drying your hair, washing your butt..LOL) and come right back and apply your preferred liquid/cream/powder foundation! (Photo below shown the BB cream blending much better to my skin color).
- Cleanse your face at the end of the day with a good makeup remover because this can stay onto your skin!
I find it a bit too tedious for me to always try to match the shade on my skin with a foundation! I would recommend this to other people though!
To whom do I recommend this to?
For people with normal to oily skin! Of course, if your skin color fits the BB cream shade, lucky you!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php299.00 (approx $6.95).
The amount of Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream
I've used for my entire face
Before and After photo applying nothing but Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream. As seen on photos below, it evens out my skin tone and creates a very matte finish. It looks a bit lighter in person but I have ways to darken the shade of the BB cream.
I dusted my whole face with MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural in Dark, using very light hand strokes! Be careful to even out the whole face!
I want to make myself look a bit more 3-dimensional in this photo, using the same MAC's Mineralized SkinFinish Natural in Dark, I used it as blush for a nicer cheekbones!
*Note: Sorry for the very tired look on photos above, did this after a long day at work! :)
I hope my review is still useful, I know a lot of you have purchased this, do let me know how much you like/dislike this!By the way, Maybelline have their year end 30% sale! I am not sure if this BB Cream is included, but do check out the counters and see if you can score great deals!