Stila, the brand who creates my favorite Gel Liner of all times in the name of Smudgepots! Their eyeshadows are also quite nice and pigmented so the brand is close to my heart.
Last December, after almost a year of "Online Shopping Ban", I finally gave in to purchase some stuffs from Strawberrynet because they emailed me to give me special discounts for old customers to return! It was a deal so hard to miss and the best part? It comes with free gift! Stila Lip Pots!
Stila Lip Pots Tinted Lip Balm says ---
- Moisturizes lips with a touch of color
- Weightless & smoothly glides on lips
- Offers comfortable sensation
- Leaves lips shine & protected
AMW says ---Pros
- Cute glass packaging which keeps the product fresh.
- Can be used as a base prior to lipstick application without the "slide and glide" of regular lip balm. Lipstick actually stays on lips!
- Amande Shade: can be used on both male and female.
- Gives a very natural, soft lips minus the shiny, lipstick look and feel.
- Dipping your fingers to get product, not easy for girls with long nails.
- A bit pricey for tinted lip balm. Other brands can come up with a more inexpensive version.
- Very dry lips individual may still need the extra help of a lip balm/ lip treatment.
With so many lip products available out there, this is not on top of the list, I guess due to its price and availability. It's nice to have, on my part, this is vital for me as a make-up artist as it is quite difficult to look for a lip tint that doesn't look so shiny or obvious on guys!
Conclusion: Important for make-up artists, can skip and purchase inexpensive versions for non-make-up artists.
- If you plan to use it on yourself, apply with clean fingers AT ALL TIMES!
- If you are a make-up artist and plan to use this on clients, use a lip brush! Wipe the brush before re-dipping the brush.
- Always close the cap tight.
- Apply this first before doing your make-up so lips are softer and moisturized prior to lipstick application.
- Apply more if you want the color to show up.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone not into lipsticks! Wants a very light tint on lips without the heavy feel! This shade Amande is even perfect for male clients on photoshoots!
Where to purchase and how much?
Again, I got mine free from spending a certain amount at Strawberrynet, it costs $16.50 (approx Php709.00). From today until April 26, they are offering extra 10% discount upon checkout. Local readers can purchase these at Stila Counter, Rustan's Makati.
Amande on Pot
Slight tint of orange-y brown shade
Swatch on hand, in one swipe,
it creates a tiny hint of shimmery gold-orange tone
Applied on bare lips
Keep in mind that my lips are pigmented to start with
so it actually lightened up my original lip color.
Make-up artists out there, what lip tint do you use for guys?
To the rest, what's your favorite tinted lip balm brand?
Click comment and share! I'd love to hear from you!